Apiring model! :)

8 posts
24 Oct 2012
Hey guys. Im new to this. Can someone check out my profile and give me some tips. Would love some advice!
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
I would start by getting rid of the 'arty' photographs and the ones that done really show YOU.
Out of your 5 photos there is only 2 that show you properly.
I know its difficult if you dont have anyone to shoot you, but you still need to get the basics of a good headshot (which you have a couple of reasonable ones as a start) and a good full length body shot. Make them as natural as possible and in colour shot in good light with the white balance corrected (no one likes to find out that the model is actually orange and not tanned).

Posted 25 Oct 2012
River
Model
River
Hi Dee Nice to meet you! Firstly you do sound very enthusiastic and realistic, which is always very good. I'd quickly double check your statistics because I don't know anyone with hips smaller than their waists Have a look around the site, contact a few photographers whose work you like and ask if they would be interested in a shoot. I second what Sarge has said regarding your photos, please try and get some clear, basic full length shots as well as some better headshots. Have fun and good luck shooting!
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Hey hun, Yep, definitely check your stats and remeasure your hips / waist Your pictures show enthusiasm, but don't show you. Hook up with a few togs on here who are local to you and go for a few different style tf shoots till you settle into a style you are comfortable with and suits you. You need to get together a few pictures in colour with good lighting which show you. Get some headshots done, and some full length. Another quick tip, try and change your facial expressions slightly with each shot to create some diversity If you need any help just message I have been a model for 5 years and have at least 3 paid shoots a week. You are beautiful and have every bit of promise x Happy shooting, Phoenix Storm x
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Forgot to mention, being in Australia you may be better finding a more local site as PureStorm is 'mainly' UK based, but it is good seeing models from further away helping PS to go international.

Posted 25 Oct 2012
EdT
Photographer
EdT
River
I'd quickly double check your statistics because I don't know anyone with hips smaller than their waists
Pregnant women?
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Edited by EdT 25 Oct 2012
TeddyB
Photographer
TeddyB
Sarge
being in Australia you may be better finding a more local site as PureStorm is 'mainly' UK based
Dee, the search system shows 20 photographers in Victoria, of which only 4 have logged on, so far this year. The remaining 16 haven't logged on since November of 2011, way to 2009. So you may not get a great response from local photographers to you. Ted
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Sorry people! Ive changed all my measurements. No idea how i could mistaken it all haha.
Thanks for all the advice!
Do any of you know of some Aussie sites i can check out?

Posted 25 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join