Here we go again..

Here we go again..

23 posts
24 Oct 2012
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
Just received this from a  "Mr GORDON ANGUS"  very appropriate name for such a load of Bullshit. 
smileysmiley
Hello,This letter might come as a surprise to you especially since we have never met or had a discussion before, 
basically this message might sound strange but it is factual in reality if only you care to know, The truth is that 
I should have notified you through a more confidential means, (even in the least to respect your integrity) please 
accept my humble apologies if I have caught you unaware, I frankly do not mean any harm in passing my message. 

I am a Project Manager with the United Nation Development Program Asia pacific (UNDP) I am also the concerned principal 
with contract appraisal and the approval of contracts in order of priority in regards with capital projects of the (UNDP) 
here in the Asia pacific. With my position as the principal director of operations, I have successfully secured the sum of 
Twenty eight million five hundred thousand dollars (US$28.5M) the amount was accumulated from over invoices. To this effect 
I decided to contact you and ask for your assistanc!e, to enable us work together andI am willing to compensate you with 25% 
of the total amount upon a successful conclusion to this transaction. Finally the confidence and trusted repose on you 
cannot be over emphasized; therefore you are to keep this deal to yourself completely confidentially. 

Your reputation will be highly protected in this transaction. I shall be pleased to have a personal phone number where I 
can personally contact you, while looking forward to a successful business relationship with you.You can kindly give contact 
me on this number +6011########. It will be a great pleasure to have you contact me so that I can give you a verbal update 
regarding this proposal.
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Edited by WebModerator 25 Oct 2012
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Talking of dodgy emails, does anyone else get emails from 'Rick' digital retouchers? I block him every day but he comes back via a different email address every time
Posted 25 Oct 2012
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
Hmmmm that's interesting, +60 is Malaysia... Didn't think many of these scams originated from there... Incidentally, ever thought about sending them the number of a phone sex line here?
Posted 25 Oct 2012
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
TravellingToast

Hmmmm that's interesting, +60 is Malaysia... Didn't think many of these scams originated from there... Incidentally, ever thought about sending them the number of a phone sex line here?

Lots of e-mail scams originate from Malaysia - ones supposedly from 'HSBC', the 'High Commissioner', the 'Malay Law Society'  are among the well known.

Posted 25 Oct 2012
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
DorsetHammer
Lots of e-mail scams originate from Malaysia - ones supposedly from 'HSBC', the 'High Commissioner', the 'Malay Law Society'  are among the well known.
Hmmm I'm actually originally from Malaysia but never got one of these... Kinda feel like I'm missing out lol
Posted 25 Oct 2012
TheChrisS
Photographer
TheChrisS
I get a ridiculously large number of these emails. Partly because I've had my email address for ten years and publicised it while running an amateur game designers website. If you keep your email details private you shouldn't get stuff like this I wish I knew that 10 years ago though... too late now XD
Posted 25 Oct 2012
GaryWallace
Photographer
GaryWallace
This site makes it extremely tempting to have a little bit of fun with the scammers.....check it out

some of it is hilarious

http://www.419eater.com/
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Edited by GaryWallace 25 Oct 2012
Sounds legit
Posted 25 Oct 2012
crlightworks
Photographer
crlightworks
corbystock

Talking of dodgy emails, does anyone else get emails from 'Rick' digital retouchers? I block him every day but he comes back via a different email address every time

Yep, all the time. Annoying!
Posted 25 Oct 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
ph_oto

Just received this from a  "Mr GORDON ANGUS"  very appropriate name for such a load of Bullshit. 
smileysmiley
Hello,This letter might come as a surprise to you especially since we have never met or had a discussion before, 
basically this message might sound strange but it is factual in reality if only you care to know, The truth is that 
I should have notified you through a more confidential means, (even in the least to respect your integrity) please 
accept my humble apologies if I have caught you unaware, I frankly do not mean any harm in passing my message. 

I am a Project Manager with the United Nation Development /- / on will be highly protected in this transaction. I shall be pleased to have a personal phone number where I 
can personally contact you, while looking forward to a successful business relationship with you.You can kindly give contact 
me on this number +6011########. It will be a great pleasure to have you contact me so that I can give you a verbal update 
regarding this proposal.

So, I'm guessing you'll be contacting some supermodel for your next shoot rather than hire a cash starved model from this site. 

It was nice knowing you. 
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Edited by gerryquiff 25 Oct 2012
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingToast
classy_cassie
Sounds legit
Unfortunately, the offer wasn't emailed to you, so you can't get your 25%
Posted 25 Oct 2012
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Email him back expressing your regret that due to the large number of scams on the web you need him to confirm his existence. If he can send you a photograph of himself standing in a bucket of worms while wearing a yellow hat, red underpants and nothing else, you will know that he is genuine and not a computer generated scam. After all, you tell him, a computer would not be able to find such an image.

There used to be a guy who spent a lot of time turning the tables on these dweebs and he amassed a great deal of photographs of idiots, being idiots.

Posted 25 Oct 2012
couchpotato
Photographer
couchpotato
That 419eater web site is great so funny. If you have time to kill take a look and when someone contacts you with a scam, just do what the guys have done on there, Save it and have a great laugh when your feeling down.....

The bucket of worms, yellow hat and red underpants has got to be tried, I can't wait now to be scammed......
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Edited by couchpotato 25 Oct 2012
magpie1
Photographer
magpie1
I have a large overstock of £7 notes and for a limited time am prepared to accept £5 each for quick sale.

Posted 25 Oct 2012
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
magpie1

I have a large overstock of £7 notes and for a limited time am prepared to accept £5 each for quick sale.

Reminds me of an old saying when referring to someone who was thought to be a bit  "Dodgy" 

"They're as bent as a £9 note"

I read somewhere on the net about a fella who turned the tables on the "Scammers"  and actually got them to send him  $100 to verify something or other, it may have been on the 419 site mentioned above.
I've often been tempted to open a hotmail e-address and contact them.
Posted 25 Oct 2012
Edited by ph_oto 25 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join