Never Cheese Off A Toff!

Never Cheese Off A Toff!

8 posts
22 Oct 2012
Marty_W
Photographer
Marty_W
So the chap who ran onto a football pitch and assaulted a goalkeeper gets 4 months in prison, the chap who went for a gentle swim during the Olympic Rowing gets 6 months? Am I missing something here?
Posted 22 Oct 2012
Brian_Markie
Photographer
Brian_Markie
And Zinadine Zidane gets a Bronze statue of him actually doing the assault. What a weird and wonderful world we live in.
Posted 22 Oct 2012
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
I take it that the actual footballers who start swinging punches on the pitch will be getting the same punishment?

Posted 22 Oct 2012
1919_Images
Photographer
1919_Images
As someone who watched the Leeds game there were worse assaults on various players from the opposition during the game than the push on the goalkeeper, is prison really the right place for either him or the swimmer when we've got burglars, car jackers and muggers walking free with cautions after numerous offences.

Posted 22 Oct 2012
DorsetHammer
Photographer
DorsetHammer
1919_Images

As someone who watched the Leeds game there were worse assaults on various players from the opposition during the game than the push on the goalkeeper,.

It's to be expected from a team managed by 'Colin' and which has Michael Brown in the centre of midfield.

I'm just impressed they managed to get him to court and then prison in two working days.

Posted 23 Oct 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Didn't the twat who hit the goalkeeper come clean about what he'd done wheras the wanker who swam across the river consistently dodged questions and made up stories about what he was doing/why he was there? I may be mistaken but lying to a court of law isn't going to do you any favours. Let's also take into account the twat acted on a spur of the moment wheras the wanker pre-calculated his disturbance. Again, something that will be taken into account by the courts. Didn't the wanker also ignore police instruction not to swim further? Much more to this than meets the eye I fear, and I personally find it rather sickening this is referred to an us/them situation regarding toffs/common folk. Having been educated in the private school system myself the only bigots I ever seem to come across are those who seek to have a dig at those who are priviledged (and not the other way around)
Posted 24 Oct 2012
Alan_Jay
Photographer
Alan_Jay
RedChecker

Didn't the twat who hit the goalkeeper come clean about what he'd done wheras the wanker who swam across the river consistently dodged questions and made up stories about what he was doing/why he was there? I may be mistaken but lying to a court of law isn't going to do you any favours. Let's also take into account the twat acted on a spur of the moment wheras the wanker pre-calculated his disturbance. Again, something that will be taken into account by the courts. Didn't the wanker also ignore police instruction not to swim further? Much more to this than meets the eye I fear, and I personally find it rather sickening this is referred to an us/them situation regarding toffs/common folk. Having been educated in the private school system myself the only bigots I ever seem to come across are those who seek to have a dig at those who are priviledged (and not the other way around)

As someone who was educated in the state school system,  I have to agree with you.

Posted 24 Oct 2012
Marty_W
Photographer
Marty_W
Sorry you find this statement sickening.
Not sure what your take on privileged is? I don't see wealth as a privilege.
Money is nice but it doesn't make you happy.

Posted 24 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join