Photoshoot Day/Night time

Photoshoot Day/Night time

13 posts
21 Oct 2012
Hello everyone, had a photoshoot some days ago, link is here: http://www.behance.net/gallery/Quim/5594725 I'd like to know your opinions about which one you like the most and why if possible. Thank you
Posted 22 Oct 2012
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
Hi there, I like the third one the most, but partly because of it's potential.

It seems to need different processing (a little less flare for example) - I think that the flare effect is photo-shopped, but I may be wrong ?

Posted 22 Oct 2012
Hello
I'm not sure, but I think that the flare isn't photo-shopped, it was a really sunny day in a opened place (:
But as i said i'm not sure, i'll ask the photographer and i'll let you know.

Thank you.

Posted 22 Oct 2012
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
Flare in a photograph is like a musician playing out of tune. It normally shows a lack of skill.
As with a musician it can occasionally work when employed by a skilled practitioner but normally just looks/sounds incompetent
It certainly doesn't do anything for the model, whose portfolio doesn't normally benefit from anonymous photos.

Posted 22 Oct 2012
canoncan
Photographer
canoncan
i like the 4th , its really good

Posted 22 Oct 2012
ChristianScott
Photographer
ChristianSco..
stolenfaces
Flare in a photograph is like a musician playing out of tune. It normally shows a lack of skill. As with a musician it can occasionally work when employed by a skilled practitioner but normally just looks/sounds incompetent It certainly doesn't do anything for the model, whose portfolio doesn't normally benefit from anonymous photos.
Shut up idiot.
Posted 22 Oct 2012
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
ChristianScott

Shut up idiot.

I can only guess that you must be trying to say that all flare in photographs is wonderful.
But why try to put something into english when simple abuse is easier

Posted 22 Oct 2012
stolenfaces

I can only guess that you must be trying to say that all flare in photographs is wonderful.
But why try to put something into english when simple abuse is easier

I don't think he was saying that at all.

You say normally the use of flare equals a lack of skill on the photographers part.
I disagree, I think the person responsible for the images the OP has linked to does have some photographic skill, flare may not be your cup of tea but that doesn't mean the person using it has no talent. 
Posted 22 Oct 2012
ChristianScott
Photographer
ChristianSco..
stolenfaces
I can only guess that you must be trying to say that all flare in photographs is wonderful. But why try to put something into english when simple abuse is easier
Yes that's what I'm saying
Posted 22 Oct 2012
Edited by ChristianScott 22 Oct 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
stolenfaces

Flare in a photograph is like a musician playing out of tune. It normally shows a lack of skill.

Yeah right -  he probably just didn't notice it when he shot and processed it.  surprise

Posted 22 Oct 2012
SandyCamel
Hi there, I like the third one the most, but partly because of it's potential. It seems to need different processing (a little less flare for example) - I think that the flare effect is photo-shopped, but I may be wrong ?
I asked the photographer and he told me it was some kind of a lucky shot, he thought of this but the flare got perfect, it's actually difficult to get as you walk by, but the photo has no photoshop flare.
Posted 22 Oct 2012
canoncan
i like the 4th , its really good
That's really good to know, thank you.
Posted 22 Oct 2012
mph
Yeah right -  he probably just didn't notice it when he shot and processed it. 
LOL, you made my day.
Posted 22 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join