Video/film sites?

11 posts
18 Oct 2012
Beth1
Model
Beth1
Hi,

I just wondered if anyone knows of a a web site like this that is more film/tv based ?
As trying to brake into this area,

Thank you

Posted 18 Oct 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
Starnow maybe?

Although I think your best bet would be an agency.
Posted 18 Oct 2012
Edited by mgphotomedia 18 Oct 2012
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Presumably you are looking for acting auditions. In which case you might want to check out sites like

mandy.com & shootingpeople.org

Or try joining Spotlight or PCR

Or buy the odd copy of The Stage.

Good Luck
Dave

Posted 18 Oct 2012
CJI01
Photographer
CJI01
mgphotomedia

Starnow maybe?

Although I think your best bet would be an agency.

Def Starnow!
Posted 18 Oct 2012
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Try applying for Mad Dog Castings. I got an interview with them and you're in a much better location for getting to their auditions.

Posted 18 Oct 2012
Beth1
Model
Beth1
Ok thank u, I shall take a look

Posted 19 Oct 2012
FocalCapture
Photographer
FocalCapture
It depends on whether you want to try and go straight into featured work.

Mad Dog and Casting Collective are both good for getting background extra work - which might be just being one of a crowd in a brief music video shot, or something much more.

One lad I was working with on a current Warner Brothers film was booked as an extra (along with 300+ other extras) but the production team liked his look and he ended up with a credited role. That was on his first ever production with no acting training or experience.

A lot of it is about being in the right place at the right time, work as a background extra etc can at least help with the right place part of it...

Posted 20 Oct 2012
Star now definitely.I find it far more useful than modelling sites.

That reminds me they said I can have unlimited pictures, off to update.

Posted 21 Oct 2012
Crippen
Photographer
Crippen
Casting Call Pro is also very useful.

www.castingcallpro.com

I recently worked with a couple of voice over artists, who I found via one of their satellite sites.

Dave

Posted 21 Oct 2012
Beth1
Model
Beth1
Thank you all for your tips ! What I am looking to do is getting into driving side of things on film, kinda stunt stuff, as driving being my thing
Posted 21 Oct 2012
I think to do stunt stuff you have to be a qualified stunt person and be part of their union/ association. You need more than one skill driving being one of them. I think you need something like 4 out of 6. I can do fight stuff and have some film training but can't call myself a stunt person.Other things are fighting ,jumping from heights, swimming, diving. You might find some driving stuff, I have done some extra fighting stuff, but might be worth looking into proper stunt training.

Posted 24 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join