Blind Man with White Stick Tasered by Police

Blind Man with White Stick Tasered by Police

122 posts
17 Oct 2012
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
In the words of Andrew Mitchell, that illustrious and most eloquent of government ministers, the copper sounds like a right ****ing Pleb!

Posted 17 Oct 2012
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
I think the coppers name must have been PC ****tard.

Posted 17 Oct 2012
landmproductions
Photographer
landmproductions
who needs the white stick?

Much as what happened to the 2 WPC's who were shot is sad, disgusting etc, this is a prime example why we shouldn't routinely arm Police officers

Posted 17 Oct 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
landmproductions
who needs the white stick? Much as what happened to the 2 WPC's who were shot is sad, disgusting etc, this is a prime example why we shouldn't routinely arm Police officers
I agree.
Posted 17 Oct 2012
HMansfield
Photographer
HMansfield
As one of my friends pointed out, a taser is a short range weapon. To be close enough to use it, you have to be close enough to be able to tell the difference between a white stick and a samurai sword.

Posted 17 Oct 2012
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
landmproductions

who needs the white stick? Much as what happened to the 2 WPC's who were shot is sad, disgusting etc, this is a prime example why we shouldn't routinely arm Police officers

Absolutely!cheeky
Mind you, with regard to the tasering, it makes you wonder which one was blind!

Posted 17 Oct 2012
Edited by tonycsm 17 Oct 2012
This is absurd. Honestly makes me wonder who is keeping our streets safe!

That said, I still support heavier arms for police officers, provided they have an exemplary record and pass some sort of proficiency test and psychological assessment before being let loose with a gun.

Kids arming themselves more and more these days, it'll only be a matter of time before there's an incident (if the shooting of the two PCs in Manchester isn't a good enough example) where officers COULD have saved themselves had they been armed with a gun. In all seriousness, the safest i've ever felt was in New York, because I knew that for every citizen with a gun, there'd be a copper much better at shooting one.

Posted 17 Oct 2012
OffKeyPhotography
Photographer
OffKeyPhotography
HMansfield
As one of my friends pointed out, a taser is a short range weapon. To be close enough to use it, you have to be close enough to be able to tell the difference between a white stick and a samurai sword.
the copper probably did him from behind
Posted 17 Oct 2012
tardis1000
Photographer
tardis1000
According to 5 - the copper did come up behind, but honestly, this is one of those awe inspiring miscarriages of justice that should really lead to a sacking. Utterly unbelievable.

Posted 17 Oct 2012
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
AbiHillModel

....... I knew that for every citizen with a gun, there'd be a copper much better at shooting one.

And no doubt very liberal with it's use if any of the "real life" American police shows are anything to go by!

Posted 17 Oct 2012
tonycsm

In the words of Andrew Mitchell, that illustrious and most eloquent of government ministers, the copper sounds like a right ****ing Pleb!

Its a pity Mitchells words werent 'You can't shoot me I'm argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'
Posted 17 Oct 2012
Mistakes happen.

The police officer should be disciplined in line with the police regulations and the evidence and possibly criminal law if required.

The same as all people who are employed have the right to be dealt with in terms of their employer.

But I would say that things with the tazer are better than what happened before.

I would rather be shocked with one of them than shot with a 9mm bullet.

There was a man killed by a police oficer in London years ago as someone reported he was carrying a rifle and had an Irish accents. The man was a Scots Joiner and was carrying a table leg. If he had been hit with the Tazer it is likely that he would have survived. (This was before the peace process had started.)

Mistakes will happen. It is just learning from them that is important.

But on the face of it the police officer appears to have made a major balls up. Certainly he or she should not be allowed a weapon again any time soon.

Posted 17 Oct 2012
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
Bet he didnt see that coming

Posted 17 Oct 2012
tonycsm
Photographer
tonycsm
clearview_photography

Its a pity Mitchells words werent 'You can't shoot me I'm argghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh'

While we're on the subject of Mitchell, is there any incontrovertible evidence that he actually swore or called those two coppers Plebs? I've not followed the case sufficiently to know whether there was or wasn't evidence to support the police officer's claims.

The only thing I know is that immediately after the alleged incident, a police spokesman stated that the two officers hadn't made any complaint - they claimed that the complaint was made by a member of the public. What is curious is the leaking of the details very soon after to the Sun newspaper by someone in the department which dealt with the alleged incident.

Posted 17 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join