Photography for portfolio

Photography for portfolio

7 posts
15 Oct 2012
Hi.

I already know that a range of images need to be included in my portfolio, but its what to include that I need some advice about. I am willing to do any type of work, except adult, fetish, topless or nude. Any advice on what to include on my portfolio would very much appreciated, for both pictures and about me text.

Thank you
Claudia Rinoa Rose

Posted 15 Oct 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
The basic shots that every model should include are a good facial shot, well lit and with minimal make-up on and a shot to show their body type. This doesnt need to be nude or even in lingerie, but does need to be well lit, preferably stood up.
These need to be as up to date as they can be.

Anything else is designed to show their abilities, postures, facial expressions etc.

Posted 15 Oct 2012
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
You should check the responses you got on PP

Posted 15 Oct 2012
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
Not sure why you list Gothic in your profile. As you don't have any Gothic themes in your PF. Or is the backlit shot meant to look Gothic. If it is should you be smiling. I mean a smiling Goth what is the world coming to. So get some more images that relate to what your levels are. Smiling is good but too much can be a bad thing. Given a bit of time we'll wipe the smile from you. So work on the expressions. Remember a serious Goth has a serious expression. Don't lose your smile a nice one of which you've got goes along way. I'd lose the open minded on your notes. Sends out the wrong message and you've got one to many an A in reliable.

Posted 15 Oct 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
Much much less football shirts

Posted 15 Oct 2012
I have only got on my profile what I had. I am in the middle of doing a range of photoshoots and updating my profile. I was just looking for advice to what to include so that I had an idea of what to put on my profile or what I needed to do photography wise. Thanks for the advice so far guys. (I have seen the comments on Purpleport but posted this thread at the same time as the one on Purpleport, before any comments were posted.)

Posted 15 Oct 2012
Don't bother asking for runway - the likelihood of someone 5'5 size 14 getting a runway worth walking in is slim to zero. Sure, do the charity ones etc but don't expect bigger events to come knocking unless they want "real girls" (which is rare, fashion = aspirational, not real)

If you see an image you like as inspiration, keep it. Don't use it publicly (copyright breach), but if a photographer asks what style you'd like to shoot you then have it there to use as reference.

The headshot is good. Now work on a full length shot, a different angle head/beauty shot and if you're going to ask for swimwear work you need a pic of you in swimwear. You wouldn't buy a car if you didn't know what it looked like, would you?

Posted 15 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join