Dont understand

44 posts
14 Oct 2012
I may get some horrible comments but ill try anyway I was wondering if you guys could take a look at my portfolio and tell me if im doing anything wrong, i pose different in every photo i try looking different but i must be doing something wrong for some of the togs i work with not to even bother with my images i work hard and spend my time and effort on these shoots but they sometimes feel like a waste of my time. If they think im horrible they shouldnt work with me in the first place, is it because i am a size 12 and not a size zero is that what it is? I dont have the perfect skinny body, i have curves and a bit of baby weight like all women get but i get the feeling some photographers think that a bigger model is disgusting when its not, i just dont know whats going wrong or where im going wrong Does anyone else feel like there is something wrong with them when a photographer doesnt use your photos? Is there anything wrong with how i look? Do i need to be anorexic to get somewhere? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Posted 14 Oct 2012
But... I just clicked on the "view other" button and you ARE on photographers profiles. 5 of them in fact. That's more than me.

Posted 14 Oct 2012
1884photo
Photographer
1884photo
Actually love the A7X bat skull tat! I wouldn't say size 12 is big at all, you've got a good figure - maybe its just that your working with the wrong photographers????

Posted 14 Oct 2012
JennyWren
But... I just clicked on the "view other" button and you ARE on photographers profiles. 5 of them in fact. That's more than me.
They are kinda old now though when i was more 'fit' but now since i have had a baby it seems nobody really wants to add my photos which makes me feel awful about myself i cant help the baby weight can i? I know some people might think im being daft and whinging but it happens a lot and ive never said anything till now i just wanted to know whats going wrong.
Posted 14 Oct 2012
1884photo
Actually love the A7X bat skull tat! I wouldn't say size 12 is big at all, you've got a good figure - maybe its just that your working with the wrong photographers????
Thanks so much buddy i used to be a 10 but had a baby eight month ago i still have baby weight and a few stretch marks im only human everyone has flaws dont they? And proper photographers dont seem to want to work with me because its that type that only like skinny girls the togs i know only put photos up of the fit ones its no wonder big ladies feel like crap
Posted 14 Oct 2012
fizzy
Model
fizzy
I know sometimes things like this can seem very personal but it's not necessarily a reflection on you. A lot of photographers don't update their online portfolios very often (I've worked with quite a few photographers who don't). Or it may just be that they haven't got round to it yet.

Posted 14 Oct 2012
Mercy666
They are kinda old now though when i was more 'fit' but now since i have had a baby it seems nobody really wants to add my photos which makes me feel awful about myself i cant help the baby weight can i? I know some people might think im being daft and whinging but it happens a lot and ive never said anything till now i just wanted to know whats going wrong.
I shouldn't think it's a deliberate slight at all. I don't tend to add new photos as soon as I get them. Occasionally I'll have a re-jig of my portfolio and all the new ones will go in then. Maybe that's what these photographers are doing? It might be worth PMing the photographers in question and just asking them direct. I bet you it's nothing like as serious as you think. After all, they agreed to shoot you in the first place! I've had shoots where I know the photographer is happy with what we shot, but the photos are not in their portfolio. I just choose to assume they don't fit with the current layout.
Posted 14 Oct 2012
fizzy
I know sometimes things like this can seem very personal but it's not necessarily a reflection on you. A lot of photographers don't update their online portfolios very often (I've worked with quite a few photographers who don't). Or it may just be that they haven't got round to it yet.
Yeh it does seem personal it never bothered me at first until it started happening more often it just made me think 'is it me am i doing something wrong?' i dont like to complain i hardly post on here i just wanted to get some advice on if i need to improve or anything else maybe i shouldnt take it to heart so much.
Posted 14 Oct 2012
JennyWren
I shouldn't think it's a deliberate slight at all. I don't tend to add new photos as soon as I get them. Occasionally I'll have a re-jig of my portfolio and all the new ones will go in then. Maybe that's what these photographers are doing? It might be worth PMing the photographers in question and just asking them direct. I bet you it's nothing like as serious as you think. After all, they agreed to shoot you in the first place! I've had shoots where I know the photographer is happy with what we shot, but the photos are not in their portfolio. I just choose to assume they don't fit with the current layout.
Thankyou it does make me rethink and makes me feel a little better when others say it happens to them too, i am just quite a fragile sensitive model who thinks the worlds out to get her sometimes i appreciate peoples advice
Posted 14 Oct 2012
I get it, you get it, everyone gets it. Sometimes people just don't use your photos for some reason. On another note, you can help the baby weight if you want to - it's just fat, you can lose it if you exercise and eat well. If you're unhappy with it, change it In all, I really wouldn't worry if some people don't use the images, just keep working hard, enjoying yourself and working with the right people.
Posted 14 Oct 2012
LEGENDACB
Photographer
LEGENDACB
Hi there i see nothing wrong with ur port ur an alternative girl and tattoos are awesome would love 2 work with you and ur not big in the slightest huni look for other local togs to work with and like i say thers a photographer here willing 2 work with u xxx
Posted 14 Oct 2012
May I just add that your portfolio looks fine - keep emailing better and better photographers for test/TF work and make sure you're varying your poses and expressions, along with your outfits and the styles in which you're shooting
Posted 14 Oct 2012
HannahAshlea
I get it, you get it, everyone gets it. Sometimes people just don't use your photos for some reason. On another note, you can help the baby weight if you want to - it's just fat, you can lose it if you exercise and eat well. If you're unhappy with it, change it In all, I really wouldn't worry if some people don't use the images, just keep working hard, enjoying yourself and working with the right people.
Thanks hannah i have been trying my best to shift the baby blubber but i have quite a way to go before im back to how i used to look, do you guys think i should take time out with the shoots till im back to how i want to be? I know im probably just being silly about the whole images thing but im sure i wont be the only one in the world with confidence issues lol
Posted 14 Oct 2012
LEGENDACB
Hi there i see nothing wrong with ur port ur an alternative girl and tattoos are awesome would love 2 work with you and ur not big in the slightest huni look for other local togs to work with and like i say thers a photographer here willing 2 work with u xxx
Im very thrilled with all the nice advice and comments i thought id be griefed for this but i am very grateful to you all for your kind words id love to work with you thanks so much and thankyou for the compliments i guess sometimes as i just mentioned i think the worlds against me and i have very big confidence issues aswell which dont help i need to relax more and just try and enjoy the shoots
Posted 14 Oct 2012
HannahAshlea
May I just add that your portfolio looks fine - keep emailing better and better photographers for test/TF work and make sure you're varying your poses and expressions, along with your outfits and the styles in which you're shooting
Ill try hannah thanks i just dont want to pester the better photographers too much all the better ones charge you for a shoot and as i mentioned only seem to work with the proper fit models i know if i worked with the really good ones itd certainately benefit my portfolio but i need to find some that would be willing to do tfcd i really want to improve very much and ill keep trying its all i can do isnt it.
Posted 14 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join