rude photographers

59 posts
6 Oct 2012
anna61
Model
anna61
im getting rather fed up of togs not answering to casting calls when they have been read thatim interested in it doesnt cost anything to say NO Thanks !!!! Anna
Posted 6 Oct 2012
MattButlerPhoto
Photographer
MattButlerPh..
Popcorn. Cold say same about models. Your a big girl. Deal with it. If you don't have a thick skin modelling isn't for you.

Posted 6 Oct 2012
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
Whilst a reply, even to say no thanks, would be considered a courtesy, the general concensus seems to be that if you hear nothing, take it as a no.

Posted 6 Oct 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
anna61
im getting rather fed up of togs not answering to casting calls when they have been read thatim interested in it doesnt cost anything to say NO Thanks !!!! Anna
im getting rather fed up of dulls not answering to casting calls when they have been read thatim interested in it doesnt cost anything to say NO Thanks !!!! SD See wot i did thar? huhu?
Posted 6 Oct 2012
anna61

Could I ask, are they casting calls you fit for and when you are applying what it it you say?
Posted 6 Oct 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
MattButlerPhoto

Popcorn. Cold say same about models. Your a big girl. Deal with it. If you don't have a thick skin modelling isn't for you.

Hopefully they are calls for 5' tall 51 year old models?  laugh
Posted 6 Oct 2012
Blacklion
Photographer
Blacklion
My general rule is, if I don't get a reply from a model, then I was not fit for the casting. If I don't respond to a model who has applied for my casting, then she was not what I was looking for. I kinda thought that was the accepted norm - without being rude.

Posted 6 Oct 2012
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
anna61

They are only going to consider you if you are suitable - not just because you are interested. Suitable means through their not your eyes.

Models who are suitable for castings may get a reply even if it is to say no. But nothing is ever guaranteed.

If you are applying for castings and not getting responses - then put up your own castings - at least you will know the person applying is interested even if they are not suitable.

Posted 6 Oct 2012
Edited by Gerry99111 6 Oct 2012
Sometimes photographers get inundated with such a vast amount of replies it is impossible to message everyone back individually to let them know that they haven't got it. I have been modelling for years now (only just recently on purestorm) and it's always the case if you don't hear you were unsuccessful. It's not rude. Just practical.

Posted 6 Oct 2012
Andy_B
Photographer
Andy_B
If someone had taken the trouble to read and apply for a casting call I'd placed, I would definitely reply.

If they hadn't taken the trouble to read it properly, and didn't fit the requirements then I probably wouldn't feel too bad about ignoring their message.

That said... I very rarely post casting calls.

Posted 6 Oct 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
I had more than 60 applications for the last casting I placed. Despite best intentions it's not easy to keep track of all the messages to and fro.

Posted 6 Oct 2012
kevinuk
Photographer
kevinuk
without sounding rude it works both ways

Posted 6 Oct 2012
AndrewThomas
Photographer
AndrewThomas
i think i only had one reply to my last casting... how rude
Posted 7 Oct 2012
Marty_W
Photographer
Marty_W
I works both ways, but I agree with you, its just rude.
It takes little time to open a message and read it and it takes
little time to reply 'Thank you for your interest, unfortunately
you are not suitable for this call' or something like that.

Just move on. Why waste your time with someone that doesn't
have the courtesy to send a quick reply.

Posted 7 Oct 2012
clearview_photography
Photographer
clearview_ph..
AndrewThomas

i think i only had one reply to my last casting... how rude

Sorry, I meant to get back to you smiley
Posted 7 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join