help on blackeye

8 posts
18 Sep 2012
Is there anything I can do to make a slightly black eye go down overnight. Eyeball is fine just some brusing that make it look different from the other one. I may have an extra part in a film tommorrow( casting only went up today ) and don't want it to show . Makeup may cover it but I don't like the look of concelarer around my eyes. Any suggestions?

Posted 18 Sep 2012
Keep some ice on it wrapped in a tea towel, or use an ice pack, it will make most of the swelling go down, so does ibuprofen x

Posted 18 Sep 2012
Ok I will try the ibuprofen Thanks. Its not really swollen though just a bit purple looking.

Posted 18 Sep 2012
Gfun
Photographer
Gfun
May sound daft and is now a bit late .... but haemorrhoid cream is good for getting rid of bruises!

Posted 18 Sep 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Try using hot and cold.
So a flanel with hot water on it (as hot as you can stand) held agianst it, followed by a flanel with ice cold water on it.
Keep repeating one after the other and this gets the blood flowing quicker to help the bruising along.

Posted 18 Sep 2012
Thanks will try these,shoots been delayed a couple of days.
Posted 18 Sep 2012
I hope you're allright! Jeez. Arnica is THE BEST for bruises. Buy some arnica pills and get them in your gullet 6 times a day, or however often one is suppoed to take them. Get some cream (or gel) and apply topically around the eye as often as you can stand. Once every two/three hours is good. I once had green bruises all over my chest and within 5 days they had gone with arnica.
Posted 19 Sep 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Can't you get someone to bash your other eye to even up the damage? Sorry!, I'll grab my coat
Posted 19 Sep 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join