Dear Doctor Purestorm - Am I dehydrating ?

Dear Doctor Purestorm - Am I dehydrating ?

29 posts
13 Sep 2012
SandyCamel
Photographer
SandyCamel
I think that it is recommended that a human being drinks 2 litres of water a day.

Does anyone on here actually drink that much I wonder ?

A wondering me   ..............................................

Posted 13 Sep 2012
1919_Images
Photographer
1919_Images
The easiest way to tell if youre hydrated or not is the colour of your urine, it should be a pale straw colour, if its clear youre drinking too much water, if its darker youre dehydrated.

Rather than drinking large quantities of water eat fruit and vegetables or drink juice/milk as they contain large percentages of water and are much more beneficial to your body.

Posted 13 Sep 2012
I don't drink water in the day except in work and that's like a small plastic cup ... I just drink fruit juice or tea instead . Very rarely drink fizzy pop!!
Posted 13 Sep 2012
River
Model
River
We've had a bumper crop of beetroot in our garden vegetable patch this year...so mine is currently pink
Posted 13 Sep 2012
TheChrisS
Photographer
TheChrisS
I actually quite like water - it's refreshing and thirst quenching and I do probably drink just about enough per day. I cannot stand Pepsi or Coke though.

Posted 13 Sep 2012
does mixing it with ribena count (the low suger one) if it does then i definately get my water intake as im a right bena head i love it

Posted 13 Sep 2012
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
I lay spreadeagled naked on my lawn at dawn with my tongue hanging out. This allows the fresh morning dew to settle and be absorbed into my body thus hydrating me each morning. On the odd occasion when there isn't going to be enough precipitation, or I need a quick H2O fix, I will ask a passerby or neighbour to drench me with a carbonated sports energy drink.

Failing all of the above, I will settle for about five or 6 cups of tea a day.

Posted 14 Sep 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
I drink half a litre as soon as i get up, then drink tea/coffee during the day and another 500ml or Robinsons mixer when i get home, so probably do drink 2ltr per day.
I have noticed that i lose weight quicker too when i drink more.

Posted 14 Sep 2012
I looked up how many of my bottles of water equal 2 litres, turns out I drink more than 2 litres a day! No wonder I always need the loo....

Posted 14 Sep 2012
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
River

We've had a bumper crop of beetroot in our garden vegetable patch this year...so mine is currently pink

Well that solves the selective colour problem.  
Posted 14 Sep 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
I just measured my mug and its capacity is 350ml. I've had 4 mugs of tea since I got up this morning, about another 350ml of milk on my bran flakes and 568ml of milk with my sandwich at lunchtime. So that's 2.3litres already today and I expect my further consumption before bedtime tonight will be similar, if not more.

Going to the pub will add around 1.5 litres - not that I do that very often these days.

Based on that I'd say an average day for me is at least four litres, probably nearer five.

On the subject of fruit and veg why is it that red stuff always tastes better than orange/yellow stuff and green stuff always tastes awful?
Posted 14 Sep 2012
Edited by mgphotomedia 14 Sep 2012
I only drink Spring Water...but yes, it is very good to keep a model's skin clear.

Drink some with my meals every day.

And,

I always take a bottle or two on a shoot, especially when it's a hot day or a long walk to location.

Your brain will always tell you when you feel thirsty and thus dehydrated...

Drink too much water though and your stomach will explode...(or so a surgeon once told me).

Posted 14 Sep 2012
Edited by SuzyMonty 14 Sep 2012
River

Beetroots must take a lot of boiling down in the pan...

I love beetroot juice and drink half a glass every day - suppose to give you extra energy and lower blood pressure but drink too much and yep, your pee is pink...

Also love green tea...but  it doesn't make my pee green...
Posted 14 Sep 2012
Edited by SuzyMonty 14 Sep 2012
I have beet juice most days too.fantastic at cleansing toxins from the liver.I drink around 3 litres a day of filtered water,diluted fruit and veg juices, and allowing for my foods which are often high in water (like watermelon,cucumber,soups)and black, green,white and herbal teas, its probably more like 4 litres over the day.I always have to get up in the night to pee, that's the only downside, upside is I never get blemishes.x

Posted 14 Sep 2012
I drink 3/4. I carry a little jug around with me.

Posted 15 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join