PERFECT foundation

PERFECT foundation

32 posts
8 Sep 2012
Halp!

I need a new foundation for natural coverage. Dior is too velvety, Chanel is too thick and Lancome is pretty perfect except the colour is a little off.

Which foundation will give me great coverage without making me look like I'm wearing a mask?

Posted 8 Sep 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Try going into benefit.
They have some great products
Failing that no7 stuff in boots is good x

Posted 8 Sep 2012
Benefit, really? I love their packaging but I always felt their products were a bit thick and cakey. Will check that out.

This isn't necessarily for shooting so it doesnt have to be thick.

Posted 8 Sep 2012
N_A_Photography
Photographer
N_A_Photography
Another vote for benefit its my main brand of make up I use the play stick if fab you don't need much of it and coverage is really good

Posted 8 Sep 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
beauvoir

Benefit, really? I love their packaging but I always felt their products were a bit thick and cakey. Will check that out. This isn't necessarily for shooting so it doesnt have to be thick.

I have their 'hello flawless' powder...I love it 
x
Posted 8 Sep 2012
I have a max factor one. Just the basic foundation in a tube. It's the nicest/best one I've had so far.

Posted 8 Sep 2012
Ali_L
Model
Ali_L
Not gonna lie, I have some serious love for the Garnier BB cream right now...

Posted 8 Sep 2012
I use body shops moisturising foundation I find their colours are pretty good
Posted 8 Sep 2012
xxmrmthxx

I use body shops moisturising foundation I find their colours are pretty good

I have used body shop in the past and really liked them too..

The one brand which actually surprised me was tesco's own brand Barbara Daily - I got a tub of the "face lift" its very light and illuminates the skin without taking away any of my freckles, I also bought the highlighter and foundation and I love using all three together - it was mega cheap too.

I use double wear these days when I feel like wearing makeup  - which is as thick as a mask so completely useless to your needs!! 

Posted 8 Sep 2012
I have an Almay foundation (you can get them for £4-£5 in the Original Factory shop) and i love it! Failing that, BB cream is always a good bet teamed with some MAC select cover concealer to boost the coverage where needed. I use Maybelline dream fresh BB.

Posted 20 Sep 2012
I use Max Factor and Illamasqua. Lasts ages and you can decide how thick or light you want to apply it. You've seen me put my make-up on and how ropey I look without it!
Posted 20 Sep 2012
I've swapped all my makeup and toiletries for cruelty free stuff. I didn't want to buy online and couldn't be bothered to travel all the way to Birmingham to Selfridges or whatever.

I'm using good old Marks & Spencer... I have to combine 2 shades because I'm between the ivory and the sand colours but I'm happy with the results for a very reasonable price. frown (also got powder, bronzer, eyebrow pencil, eyeliner pen - the only one I'm not keen on- and mascara.)
Posted 20 Sep 2012
I was recently in Boots and tried the LO'real True Match foundation whereby they test your skin pigmentation with a small machine, and I must admit, I was very impressed. They have ranges from matt to lighter bases and cost £8 +.

Posted 21 Sep 2012
fizzy
Model
fizzy
I have an absolutely terrible time getting foundations to match because I'm so pale but I've been using Illamsqua's second palest shade and it's a perfect match, unfortunately it's not that suited to dry skin, so I use Garnier BB cream as a base and the Illamasqua stuff as a concealer under my eyes and on any blemishes. It seems to work quite well.

Posted 21 Sep 2012
I bought some from Benefit What's BB cream?
Posted 21 Sep 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join