Glamour girls wearing bras that don't fit

Glamour girls wearing bras that don't fit

32 posts
6 Sep 2012
I've noticed a lot of very well known glamour models wear bras that don't fit, they tend to be in bras a lot smaller than thier actual size. why? is it the thing to do?

Posted 6 Sep 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Cause they want to? Because it makes the boobs look bigger.
Posted 6 Sep 2012
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
A surprising number of women in general wear the wrong size of bra, it mostly comes down to not getting properly measured/fitted.

Posted 6 Sep 2012
If I do a shoot I am always asked to wear full sets-ie: stockings, suspender belt, briefs/thong, bra, all matching....however as a size 36H/HH, I find it near impossible to get all items in the correct sizes, and a set from Bravissimo, the only company I've found that sells such sets, is usually around 80 pounds per set.
Obviously I have invested in whatever sets I can find at my size(anne summmers just brought a set out at 65 pounds, for example) but otherwise if I want bras in pretty colours or cheaper (as a set would end up costing me around the same price as a 2-3 hour shoot) I will get a larger back size (40 inches) and buy a G or GG bra-the extra room in the back provides more room in the cup, but the fit is obviously not ideal, however sometimes its my only option other than standard black and white bra sets.I hope things change in the near future, if I ever see an H cup bra more often than not the only available matching pants sizes are 18+ size because they seem to expect breast size to be proportionate with dress size. Aggravating..........
Posted 6 Sep 2012
Edited by laurenlangley 6 Sep 2012
IainT
Photographer
IainT
As a general rule..pretty much for modelling in general, not just glamour modelling....and in an ideal world..

Bra's should be on the small side as far as cup size goes, (maybe a cup size to small) this enhances the breasts, but if anything they should be one size to large around the shoulders, this helps prevent them cutting into the flesh/causing bulges. So if a model is 32D the ideal modelling bra is probably 34C

Panties/suspender belts are better to be a size to large, not a size to small, as a lot of models seem to insist on wearing. You want to avoid panties cutting into the flesh or creating a muffin top.

Posted 7 Sep 2012
As usual Iain has made some good points,I always buy my lingerie on the loose side, for modelling purposes my bra size is 38H and I have just bought three lovely sets from Bravissimo for 115 pounds,gulp!

Posted 7 Sep 2012
I bought a bra 2 sizes too small the other day ... By mistake but it makes the girls look blooming amazing!!

Posted 7 Sep 2012
Chrestomatics
Photographer
Chrestomatic..
It might also be to do with the source of the underwear?
Most fashion houses only tend to send out samples in a size 8 so if the shoots are for the fashion house a size 8 is all you are going to get. This is a current issue for me as I have some work for a corset retailer and all the items I have been sent to photograph are a size 6/8. Not easy finding an curvey hourglass shaped model in size 6/8!
If the photographer is sourcing then have they taken an educated guess at what size is required/found it on the sale rail and thought now just need the model to be the right size/been mis-informed on what size is required?
If the model is sourcing then I would presume they would get the best fitting size for them? Although I have been known to make the wrong assumptions before!

Posted 8 Sep 2012
Looks like I need to get myself some smaller bras eh :P x

Posted 8 Sep 2012
Chrestomatics
It might also be to do with the source of the underwear? Most fashion houses only tend to send out samples in a size 8 so if the shoots are for the fashion house a size 8 is all you are going to get. This is a current issue for me as I have some work for a corset retailer and all the items I have been sent to photograph are a size 6/8. Not easy finding an curvey hourglass shaped model in size 6/8! If the photographer is sourcing then have they taken an educated guess at what size is required/found it on the sale rail and thought now just need the model to be the right size/been mis-informed on what size is required? If the model is sourcing then I would presume they would get the best fitting size for them? Although I have been known to make the wrong assumptions before!
Clue in the thread title - glamour girls. Not sure how it works exactly but if being styled by a stylist, its up to the stylist what sizes they get hold of. If they cant get hold of your size you wear the nearest to it. 80% of women wear the wrong size bra, I personally find bra shopping INFURIATING because the variation between different brands is absurd. I got measured a 36AA once, then a week later was struggling to pour my girls into a 36C in another shop!
Posted 9 Sep 2012
andybramahphotograph
Photographer
andybramahph..
When i am shooting bras i get supplied with predominantly 34b.
I always book a 34c model at the clients request.

Posted 10 Sep 2012
I just received 3 36Hh BRA sets from bravissimo...wow the fit is superb.you get what you pay for x

Posted 11 Sep 2012
im a 30C i can never find that size anywhere!? so i walk round wearing bra's that dont fit
Posted 11 Sep 2012
Modernman
Photographer
Modernman
Makes em look suckable,fuppable and it pays more.

Posted 11 Sep 2012
Modernman
Photographer
Modernman
Seriously tho,my pants are xxl and im not that big in that department,well apart from Percy.

Posted 11 Sep 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join