Coloured contact lenses

Coloured contact lenses

14 posts
6 Sep 2012
_Elise_
Model
_Elise_
hiya, does anyone use them? i just brought some and i'm wondering how they would appear in photoshoots
Posted 6 Sep 2012
Edited by _Elise_ 6 Sep 2012
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingTo..
I wear contacts but not colored ones. I saw go for it and try a shoot but maybe avoid extreme close ups where you'll see the ring around your pupils caused by the edge of the contacts

Posted 6 Sep 2012
jaejay
Photographer
jaejay
One thing about contact lenses DO NOT share them with other people.

Posted 6 Sep 2012
I use them because my eyes which are a dull greyish bluey greeny mix appear black in photos as I have deep set eyes.I use prescription (although you can also get plano or non prescription lenses in the same range) from the Colourblends collection from www.contactlenses.co.uk they are fantastic.They also accept paypal.

I have gemstone green,brilliant blue,and occasionally wear their sterling grey, and sometimes their aqua, depending on my make-up.For instance shades of purple really work wonders with green eyes.They are opaque lenses, meaning they will change your colour even if your eyes are dark.Hazel eyes would look wonderful with their Honey colour, which lightens the eye to a light amber(very twilight!),or alternatively green may suit your colouring, I have not had a problem even in head shots, rather i'm always asked about the beautiful colour of my eyes.

For me the Aqua is very natural but still noticeable.Always disinfect and store correctly after use and I use the ones that last a month.The violet ones sadly produced no colour change for me but noone really has true violet eyes anyway.
If you don't need a prescription(for short or long sight) there are many more colours to choose from.I know some very famous models who don't admit to wearing coloured lenses, but they always do wear them!

Posted 6 Sep 2012
andy_h
Photographer
andy_h
I wear contacts, last time I ordered some I bought some extra blue prescription ones for a laugh. They were pretty cool, very noticeable difference in the colour of my eyes. Not sure how they'd work on brown eyes though. I really wanted to try the cats eye ones but it's just not cool, for me anyway. Gotta know your limits!

Posted 6 Sep 2012
yeah there is a shade called true sapphire which is so bright its only really suitable for nightime!i have tried crazy lenses as well but for shoots obviously stick to more subtle tones hehe x

Posted 6 Sep 2012
Pluckphotography
Photographer
Pluckphotogr..
Make sure you get them lined up perfectly. I did a shoot once where the model put in coloured contacts half way through. She looked slightly cross-eyed in those ones. It was a subtle thing, but its now the first thing I notice when I see those pics.

Posted 6 Sep 2012
yes, agreed, my lenses are undetectable as i'm very good at putting them in.I had a boyfriend of two years who gazed into my 'stunning green eyes' every day close up and didn't realise so I didn't tell him as it became more of an issue lol...my own eye colour is nothing special but being so bland it blends very well with lenses.Also the Colourblends range is very good because it only allows room for the pupil and doesnt move around.So very close to undetectable but not all brands are.x

Posted 6 Sep 2012
I used to wear Green ones years ago but longer can find the store as I moved where do you buy them can you buy them online?

Posted 6 Sep 2012
MissPhilippa

I used to wear Green ones years ago but longer can find the store as I moved where do you buy them can you buy them online?

www.contactlenses.co.uk

Posted 6 Sep 2012
_Elise_
Model
_Elise_
hi lauren, were you wearing contacts in this picture?

i've just orderd another lot of lenses, but they wern't by freshlook, so i may need to give them a try
Posted 7 Sep 2012
Edited by _Elise_ 6 Sep 2012
I was but they were my least favorite, sterling grey.I am not over fond of them, to be honest x
Posted 7 Sep 2012
_Elise_
Model
_Elise_
I really like them, what i'm looking for is ones that make my eyes super light (like megan fox), do you think these will have the same effect on me? my eyes are a green-brown but they always look dark brown in photos.

got these today, colourvue blue grey, I quite like them and they look very natural, but they are still darker than what I want.

i also got some green ones but they were shit
Posted 8 Sep 2012
TravellingToast
Photographer
TravellingTo..
Keep in mind there will be alot more light in a shoot than what youre using here, it may look different. Maybe try that shot with your flash on and it may approximate it better?

Posted 8 Sep 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join