At-home exercise regime?

At-home exercise regime?

10 posts
28 Aug 2012
River
Model
River
Hi All,

Im starting Uni in a few months time, and just wondered what the best exercises are that I can do in my room?
I won't have much free time whilst on my course (its 37.5 hours a week plus I'll need time for private study and somehow a job!), however Im going to try and join one sports class, probably something like pilates/yoga as Ive always wanted to try one of them!. I currently have a cross trainer which I use at home but its too big to take with me to University. Im trying to cut back costs and I would get a gym membership but they are quite expensive and I dont think I'll have the time to go often enough to make it worth it.

Any ideas?
River x
Posted 28 Aug 2012
Edited by River 28 Aug 2012
Body rock. best at home exercise ever and don't have to buy anything.

Posted 28 Aug 2012
Ooops forgot to send the link. Here it is, http://www.bodyrock.tv/

Posted 28 Aug 2012
LadylikeMedia
Photographer
LadylikeMedia
I recommend bodyrock.tv too ace site and totally free.
Posted 28 Aug 2012
DKirk
Photographer
DKirk
Simple things like using the stairs as opposed to lifts (wincing as I remember doing this at college, with the photography dept on the 12th/13th floor. . . )

Posted 28 Aug 2012
River
Model
River
I would use the stairs but I'm on the ground floor of my accommodation, and our classrooms are also on ground floor!

Thanks for the links and recommendations for bodyrock! I'll check it out
Posted 28 Aug 2012
Edited by River 28 Aug 2012
fizzy
Model
fizzy
There's an amazing site called Fitocracy if you could manage to get yourself an invite to it. You 'level up' with each exercise you complete and it has little workout suggestions for different things like cardio and strength training, many of which you could do in your room.

There are some brilliant yoga workouts online as well, with instructions if you want to do it in your bedroom rather than go to a class.

Posted 28 Aug 2012
I do 8 minuts of abdominal crunches either every morning or every other morning. I drink my first cup of coffee first thing, then make a second cup, put it on the side and do my crunches while it cools down then get dressed while drinking the second cup. When I have time I also do zumba which is fantastic! and my favourite fad. If it's not zumba it's another dance, I used to cheerlead, pop, salsa and bellydance, plus a LITTLE bit of modern interpretation at college. So when/if I get bored of Zumba it will be a different dance. I'm currently looking for swing classes :P Plus I walk my dog for four miles every day. Sadly I stopped doing it in the run up to my wedding and now I have to diet :P But it does work!

Posted 25 Oct 2012
River
Hi All, Im starting Uni in a few months time, and just wondered what the best exercises are that I can do in my room? I won't have much free time whilst on my course (its 37.5 hours a week plus I'll need time for private study and somehow a job!), however Im going to try and join one sports class, probably something like pilates/yoga as Ive always wanted to try one of them!. I currently have a cross trainer which I use at home but its too big to take with me to University. Im trying to cut back costs and I would get a gym membership but they are quite expensive and I dont think I'll have the time to go often enough to make it worth it. Any ideas? River x
Hi there I have discrovered that u can do yoga for free on youtube, absolutetly brilliant as u can chose how long u want to do it for. I do an hour a week at the moment....better than having to go out in the cold!
Posted 29 Oct 2012
photoclassic
Photographer
photoclassic
A lot of universities have their own gym facilities, often with a variety of fitness/yoga/martial arts training classes which are heavily subsidised for students; it might be worth checking them out too.

Posted 29 Oct 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join