does nude modelling make me a slut?!

65 posts
20 Aug 2012
hello all! I've been nude modelling for about a year now and over that time I've had mixed response, although most people are supportive I'd had a lot of comments about "how is your boyfriend okay with that? I wouldn't let my girlfriend flaunt her bits to the world!" and so on anybody else had comments like this? and how do you deal with them? do you find people are generally supportive or not? also how do you nude models out there find partners feel about it? xxx
Posted 20 Aug 2012
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Model's boyfriends tend to be with very supportive or very controlling. Some people confuse nudity with immorality, including some people on the forums here. That is their problem, not yours. You will quickly find out who your real friends are. Keep the good ones and drop the rest.
Posted 20 Aug 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglide..
I've heard it from some models, but not as much as the positives from most models. But photographers get the same sort of thing. A number of times people have asked me (and my girlfriend) "Is your girlfriend alright with you taking pictures of naked women?" (Even though I do more shoots at fashion/lingerie level than nude), and "I'm surprised your girlfriend hasn't complained/left you".

And no... nude modelling doesn't make you a slut.

Posted 20 Aug 2012
I tend to find that the kind of people who throw words like "slut" around in regards to nude modelling, or even just wearing a short skirt on a night out, are the kind of people who are jealous as they can't do it for whatever reason...

Don't listen, as long as you are not hurting anyone, and you are happy then carry on doing what you want to do.

Posted 20 Aug 2012
Lenz
Photographer
Lenz
I totally agree with JennyWren. Be yourself and do what you want to do. It's your life and I'm sure the people who make such statements are just jealous and narrow minded. I wish you luck and happiness. Lenz.
Posted 20 Aug 2012
Cygnet
Photographer
Cygnet
Around this area even doing lingerie shoots will bring accusations of being a slut, particularly if the model and her "friends" are 18/19. the abuse some have had has been really awful and causes a lot of potential models to stop modelling. It is purely jealousy that is behind it and is so pathetic it isn't worth worrying about.

As Tarmoo said you will soon find who your true friends are, so don't give the others a second thought!

Posted 20 Aug 2012
What's wrong with being a slut?

Posted 20 Aug 2012
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
JadedRed

Hurray for Jade. My life has always been desparately short of sluts. So much so I am not sure what a slut is!
Posted 20 Aug 2012
Yes.. The biggest slut ever in my opinion..

just because you pose nude doesn't mean you sh@g around, whoever gave you that idea are idiots!
Posted 20 Aug 2012
Edited by Chrissie_Red 20 Aug 2012
crlightworks
Photographer
crlightworks
I'm not sure you can get a truly objective opinion by posting this question on a model/photographer networking site.
Posted 20 Aug 2012
crlightworks

I'm not sure you can get a truly objective opinion by posting this question on a model/photographer networking site.

Well.. My idea of a slut is somebody who sleeps around..
Some artnude models might well be sluts but its not because they are a nude model its because they sleep around.
Posted 20 Aug 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
PrincessPepper

Don't think so, but if I'm wrong could you get it to knit me one for the Bank Holiday weekend please?
Bob
Posted 20 Aug 2012
RobGolding
Photographer
RobGolding
JadedRed

What she said!!!
Posted 20 Aug 2012
I agree with previous comments, I always thought a slut was some 1 that sleeps around...
Doing nude modelling doesn't make you a slut.
If you enjoy what you are doing and your not hurting anyone then ignore comments like that. Live your life the way you want.
And If I had a figure like yours id do nude modelling in a heart beat.... I think some of the art nude images people produce are beautiful.

K x

Posted 20 Aug 2012
ph_oto
Photographer
ph_oto
The biggest problem with nude work (from both sides of the camera) is other peoples perception and there's not much you can do about that. Outside this industry that we all work in the number of people who understand the why's and wherefores is very limited, but I have noticed many times over the years that a really good nude image often appeals to a surprisingly wide audience.

The only way to go is to continue in the hope that a few more outsiders are educated, and stuff those who aren't, after all it is they who have the problem not us.

Posted 20 Aug 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join