How many models actually shoot nude TF?

How many models actually shoot nude TF?

172 posts
20 Aug 2012
River
Model
River
Ive recently been looking at the casting call list, and there seem to be a heck of a lot of photographers asking models to shoot topless and nude on a TF basis. Is this the norm or is it just due to the reccession? If I was a model who shot topless and nude (which I am not), I would understand if the photographer was going to greatly benefit my portfolio, but a large proportion of the photographers creating these casting calls are amateur/new, or dont seem to have many images of a high standard in their port.

Photographers- Whats your opinion on this, are if you put up casting calls of a similar nature, do you tend to get a lot of replies?

Models- Would you/have you shown your lady bits for free?

Dont shoot me, its just an observation!
Posted 20 Aug 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
As a photographer I think if you're good enough to provide something useful to a model then fair play. What does annoy me is the GWC types offering it and sadly it seems, there are girls who'll get caught by their traps. I seem to recall one photographer offering a TF? continental shoot where he'd be kind enough to supply all the toys etc. and he'd give her a complete set of images for her personal use (his excuse was that it was a university art project ) I suppose on the whole though it is a case of "If you don't ask, you don't get" Personally, I wouldn't have the cheek to ask out of the blue especially putting a casting up (mind you I've never put a casting up for any TF? on any site), although I have done TF nude with models who have got to know me and at least I'm happy that they're comfortable enough to work with me doing that.
Posted 20 Aug 2012
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
River

Dont shoot me, its just an observation!

Some hope! You'd have got an easier time down your local mosque picking holes in Islam than you will questioning TFP round these parts.
Posted 20 Aug 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
PeterH

Some hope! You'd have got an easier time down your local mosque picking holes in Islam than you will questioning TFP round these parts.

LOL
Posted 20 Aug 2012
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
I am on countdown here
Posted 20 Aug 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
In the last year to 18months, though I dont shoot a huge amount of pure nudity, all the models I've worked with were on a TF basis.

The distinction might be that the nude element isn't so much for a glamour type look maybe, so in my own eyes, and perhaps theirs too, doesn't seem quite the same as a lady bits demonstration?

i do kinda see where you're coming from on this, there's a taboo about nudity in our society still, and that influences opinion on it in so many ways. For me, I feel nudity is a natural state and not to be seen as unusual or challenging (weather permitting)and if we, as a body of artistically minded folk can't recognise that (or at least distinguish between tittilation and beauty), we're in trouble.

So anyway, not up for a row today either, too hot, but my two quids worth.

Posted 20 Aug 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
When a model contacts me for a TF shoot (I very rarely initiate contact myself) most of them seem to assume I will want to shoot them nude. Even on Facebook where I have no nudey pictures - but I guess they might have looked at my ports elsewhere.

Posted 20 Aug 2012
1919_Images
Photographer
1919_Images
I think Matt Harper may have done some TF nude shoots but I'm not 100% sure.
Posted 20 Aug 2012
River
Model
River
Sorry guys! I was only looking for professional opinions on the subject. Im just curious, as I dont know how it works with topless and nude as I dont shoot to those levels.
Posted 20 Aug 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
I'm an amateur
Posted 20 Aug 2012
River
Model
River
RedChecker

As a photographer I think if you're good enough to provide something useful to a model then fair play. What does annoy me is the GWC types offering it and sadly it seems, there are girls who'll get caught by their traps. I seem to recall one photographer offering a TF? continental shoot where he'd be kind enough to supply all the toys etc. and he'd give her a complete set of images for her personal use (his excuse was that it was a university art project ) I suppose on the whole though it is a case of "If you don't ask, you don't get" Personally, I wouldn't have the cheek to ask out of the blue especially putting a casting up (mind you I've never put a casting up for any TF? on any site), although I have done TF nude with models who have got to know me and at least I'm happy that they're comfortable enough to work with me doing that.

Thanks, this is what Im talking about.
Is it a case of whether the model is comfortable with the photographer?
Posted 20 Aug 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
River

Sorry guys! I was only looking for professional opinions on the subject. Im just curious, as I dont know how it works with topless and nude as I dont shoot to those levels.

Ah..right...

Sorry, don't know then.

Posted 20 Aug 2012
I never really look at them, I recently made the mistake of posting a casting and saying "pending the idea I may throw some nude into the mix" - All but a rare few wanted pictures of me naked, and their portfolios were f$£king terrible, either I'm deluded to think I'm better than them or they are deluded in thinking they can improve my portfolio. Its a shame because when I say "no its not really what I'm after" they get their knickers in a twist and thats me stuffed up any chance of ever actually working with them on a paid basis. So I have learned my lesson - NEVER POST TF CASTING CALL! EVER! haha to above poster - I think Matt shoots crotch shots and covered bum holes - so its open leg but not actually showing the holes themselves
Posted 20 Aug 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
River
Photographers- Whats your opinion on this, are if you put up casting calls of a similar nature, do you tend to get a lot of replies?
A lot? no. Some? Yes. Running theme? The model opens with: "I like your stuff and would like to do some more".
Posted 20 Aug 2012
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
If you don't ask you don't get. I don't myself unless I could convince myself my port was worthy of such requests. I can't and judging from some of the posters I would say chancing their arms. It would be nice to know how successful these castings are. All that can be said is it takes all kinds to make our world.

Posted 20 Aug 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join