your own website...?

14 posts
8 Aug 2012
Hey everyone!
Who has there own websites models? And is it a good idea to have one or do they go unnoticed?
Also anyone on here create websites for models?

Thanks!
Steph x

Posted 8 Aug 2012
Funky
Photographer
Funky
Yes, I've created websites for several models, also for clubs, schools, firms, etc.  Sent you a PM.

David
Posted 9 Aug 2012
I think there good if you put up your own sets and get 'fans' to buy them.

But I don't really see the point in just having a site for no reason... Most models are on sites like this and this is probably there best way of getting money or through agencies.

Posted 9 Aug 2012
In my other guise (independent design ) i am also a web designer of many years check out
www.designandimagestudio.co.uk discounted by 10% for ps members
hows that for a good deal
glenn

Posted 9 Aug 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglide..
I host a couple of models basic websites, I think it's always good to have a web presence.

Posted 9 Aug 2012
DavidHunt
Photographer
DavidHunt
This guy is great, and VERY reasonable http://www.gethynjones.com/ P.S. Dunno how to make that a link
Posted 10 Aug 2012
I made my own using Wix, and will eventually transfer it to my own domain. Right now though it serves the purpose as it is, and I do get quite a lot of enquiries off it. Some fans, some work. QVC found me using it.

Posted 14 Aug 2012
darrenbrade
Photographer
darrenbrade
Yes it is a good idea to have your own website, you have none of the restrictions posed by the various modeling sites and it can look much more professional.

Remember to include your stats and to link to your modelling profiles on other sites.

www.darrenbrade.com

Posted 28 Aug 2012
Edited by darrenbrade 28 Aug 2012
mgphotomedia
Photographer
mgphotomedia
Personally I can't recall ever referring to a model's own website or twitter or tumblr when considering working with her.

I do look at the model's portfolio on the site I'm using at the time - principally here, MM or FB.

There are a couple of model blogs I peek at from time to time but they're invariably models I've already worked with and I'm interested in what they get up to.
Posted 28 Aug 2012
Edited by mgphotomedia 28 Aug 2012
Serena
Model
Serena
My website www.fantasy69.co.uk is the 'hub' of my work, containing how to contact me etc. as well as all my sales to 'fans'. I'd be lost without it!

Posted 28 Aug 2012
bravepioneer
Photographer
bravepioneer
Serena

My website www.fantasy69.co.uk is the 'hub' of my work, containing how to contact me etc. as well as all my sales to 'fans'. I'd be lost without it!

Every model working at topless/nude glamour and especially adult levels SO needs something like this, at least.

An excellent example there Serena. I hope that's working for you 

(Nice bit of self promotion too!)
Posted 28 Aug 2012
Edited by bravepioneer 28 Aug 2012

I have my own website - chrissiered.com & chrissiered.co.uk
I don't know how to update either though so they kind of fell apart a bit. 

However I use my blog which has had almost 50,000 hits which I think is a pretty good number for a blog containing my rubbish writing skills.
It has good statistics on the people who are viewing - things which help me market it or know where my visitors are coming from. 
http://www.chrissiered.blogspot.com

I also use deviant art which has some awesome statistics on there so you can keep track of pretty much everything. They are both fairly popular now or well I think they are I have nothing to compare them too but this didn't happen overnight but its great being able to communicate with people who admire your work. 
Posted 29 Aug 2012
Chrissie_Red
I have my own website - chrissiered.com & chrissiered.co.uk I don't know how to update either though so they kind of fell apart a bit.  However I use my blog which has had almost 50,000 hits which I think is a pretty good number for a blog containing my rubbish writing skills. It has good statistics on the people who are viewing - things which help me market it or know where my visitors are coming from.  http://www.chrissiered.blogspot.com I also use deviant art which has some awesome statistics on there so you can keep track of pretty much everything. They are both fairly popular now or well I think they are I have nothing to compare them too but this didn't happen overnight but its great being able to communicate with people who admire your work. 
How can you not know how to update....? Wix is sooo easy! (: x
Posted 29 Aug 2012
StephStephxx

How can you not know how to update....? Wix is sooo easy! (: x

I can't even remember my log in details to even access it - somebody else hosts it and done it all for me. 
I was getting quotes from a couple of designers but then I bought a house which was falling down so the priority shifted a little.
I always think its nicer having communication with people who like your work, knowing a bit about who they are and with the blog I always feel like it shows my personality as well as images. I know some people don't want to hear a model talk about what they do but plenty enjoy catching up with what I've been up to and I love reading other models blogs too, its nice to know they have the same passion for what they are doing as I do - plus its quite nice to know the personality behind the images a little bit. 

We can all view an image and say "this is lovely" but I often find I appreciate it more when I read the back story behind the shot a little -  If I read the model was working in -14 conditions with a 40mph breeze standing on a 30 ft high windowledge which was covered in ice and only 10 inches of footing space I appreciate the image even more and put myself in their position.

I love reading Ivory Flame, Madame Bink and AnitaDebauchs blogs too - I don't travel overseas so when I see their images from other lands and they talk of their experiences in these countries It educates me and often entertains me. I just wouldn't get the same feeling inside if it was just a picture which could have been shot in any country. Knowing they worked in extreme conditions to get the shots do leave me in awe quite often - I'm guessing its the same for most people who follow blogs.

Posted 29 Aug 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join