Starstruck on twitter..i know i'm a geek!

Starstruck on twitter..i know i'm a geek!

9 posts
7 Aug 2012
Ok so having met plenty of people famous in their field over the years (Mary King, several former NHLers including Theo Fleury etc), you'd think a little simple tweet wouldn't get me too excited. WRONG! The other day I tweeted a photo from a recent lingerie shoot to Candice Huffine and Robyn Lawley, as both partially inspired it through their vogue italia editorial by Steven Meisel. Didn't really expect a reply off either as they're both big name working models with barely enough time in the day to tweet...but Candice tweeted me today congratulating me and saying i was "looking good!!!" The tweet came through when I was in the gym with my PT and he couldnt understand why I came out of the locker room grinning like a cheshire cat - normally i come out scowling at him for being so flipping brutal on me! Anyhow it's probably not of much interest to many here but it made my day (lets be fair, sweating my backside off in the gym with only sneaking glances at the dressage wasn't gonna be the highlight!)
Posted 7 Aug 2012
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Well done.

Who are Candice and Robyn? (sorry I live a sheltered life).

Posted 7 Aug 2012
Edited by HowardJ 7 Aug 2012
HowardJ
Well done. Who are Candice and Robyn? (sorry I live a sheltered life).
Candice Huffine and Robyn Lawley, two very famous plus size models (Candice regularly models for Simply Be's tv ads and Robyn is the new face of Boux Avenue lingerie) - they were part of the collaboration that went down in Italian Vogue history as one of the most influential plus size editorials ever. Candice Robyn
Posted 7 Aug 2012
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
I've just done a quick Google of them.

I'm not sure about Candice (I'm sure she'll be gutted by my assessment).

Robyn looks great though, curves in all the right places and great face and hair.

Posted 7 Aug 2012
Candice isn't everyone's cup of tea, some say she's a little average in the sea of emerging plus size supermodels such as Robyn, but I like her because she flits from giggly happy commercial to super-fierce in the blink of an eye. And we both have a pageant background (Candice got spotted at a pageant by someone who recognised her future was in modelling, not miss teen usa)

Posted 8 Aug 2012
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Twitter is a interesting platfrm, a friend of mine,a lady in her late 40's, became interested in it & the whole social media thing 2-3 years ago - started with archery conversations with Russell Crow, last year a trip to NASA followed by some consultancy work, met her last week & now several thousand tweets later she's doing some work for Will.I.Am. It definately can open doors if used correctly. Must admit I'm still struggling with it.
Posted 9 Aug 2012
Oh wow! Would be over the moon if it were me. Not surprised you're starstruck!

Loved that editorial too, one of my favourite editorials EVER.

Posted 9 Aug 2012
JEALOUS!! That issue of Vogue is my favourite.

Well done xx

Posted 9 Aug 2012
DamagedRoses1987
JEALOUS!! That issue of Vogue is my favourite. Well done xx
One of mine too, though personally I prefer clothed editorials I thought Meisel and the team (and the girls) got it spot on with that one!
Posted 12 Aug 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join