Big and Curvy...Pose Idea's

Big and Curvy...Pose Idea's

3 posts
2 Aug 2012
PHAT
Model
PHAT
Im a plus size and i have a shoot on saturday. iv not done one in over a year and i was also 2 stone heavier... looking for items on types of poses that are flattering and wont make me look like a hippo All clothes shall be on but might do implied nude. Idea's or personal experience would be great
Posted 2 Aug 2012
Plan your clothing well - no amount of clever posing will save a hideously unflattering outfit.

Make sure underwear leaves no lumps, bumps etc. Go for more fitted clothes than oversize (these look fine in real life but don't translate on plus models on camera), with emphasis on the waist.

Don't be slouchy or doubled over, always stand/sit up tall, and try and stretch from your head down to your toes to flatter curves!

Posted 2 Aug 2012
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
I'm your size - and 2 inches shorter - and I often 'model' for my partner when we can't book a real model, haha. Choosing the right clothes is very important! One thing I've learned is that pinching in your waist can make a big difference; if you're very busty, you may find that material on a floaty/loose top hangs down and out and makes your tummy look like it's bigger than it is, it can also create loss of definition at your waist. Bring it back with a nice belt around your middle, or ideally go for clothes that are well-fitted around the middle. Lower necklines also help decrease the appearance of the size of your bust and can make you appear slimmer. I'd recommend wearing knickers that are a size bigger than you normally wear as well, it really prevents unsightly bumps from undies cutting in. Avoid string underwear and thongs.

Don't slouch, keep your back straight to prevent a doubling-over of the tummy (it also looks confident.) Keep your chin up a bit to prevent a double chin occuring. Try not to feel offended if the photographer asks you to hold in your tummy, even very slim models do it sometimes; on a side-angle shot it can help.

Good luck!

Posted 2 Aug 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join