Confidence infront of the camera

Confidence infront of the camera

6 posts
30 July 2012
How do you make yourself look confident infront of the camera?

Posted 30 July 2012
alanwilson
Photographer
alanwilson
alshepherd
See the camera as a stage, and put yourself in acting mode if you wish to portray a different persona, otherwise just be naturally yourself, which in turn will demonstrate confidence. Former Crowborough resident.
Posted 30 July 2012
The more you do it the more you feel confident..
It helps when the photographer is good and shows you the images as you progress or maybe comments that the pose is "perfect" or something like that.

Posted 30 July 2012
Practice - either in front of a camera or in a mirror. Work on poses etc there and it'll come naturally on a shoot.

Posted 30 July 2012
Just have fun with it

Posted 30 July 2012
GRPhotography
Photographer
GRPhotograph..
alshepherd

from a photographers point of view, build a rappor with the photographer.. If the photographer is good then he will do this, they will make you feel comfortable and help with direction, 

I, when I shoot models also communicate and reassure almost every frame.. the communication puts models at ease giving them confidence, even if a poor pose or bad expression I would not relay this to the model , it give models a complex and they loose confidence... 

the last thing would be the experience once you have it then you will automatically have confidence in what you do. Being able to do whats asked by the photographer and seeing this in the images produced will massively boost confindence and make it easier as you go along.

You also have to enjoy it, if you don't it will show right away, if you are interested in the concept you will naturally try harder cheeky just have fun
Posted 31 July 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join