Vital things to take to a shoot

Vital things to take to a shoot

47 posts
26 July 2012
What things are a must to take to a shoot? How do you prep? And what are musts for your model wardrobe?

Posted 26 July 2012
the most important thing to bring.....and it always makes the photographers day.............is urself lol its true though a model is better than no model

seriously tho, i bring everything i have pretty much, tends to consist of 2 suitcases id prefer to have everything than leave remaining shoot items at home cos u always end up wishing u had brought something uve left, its amazing what kind of things pop into ur head last minute, that one item could have made all the difference to the shot

Posted 26 July 2012
On Location shoots -  bottle of water!

Boiling hot today clambering over rocks for coastal cliff shoot

Usually pack what I need the night before a shoot and usually end up taking too much...
Clothes bags, makeup bag, jewellery bag and if a studio shoot  green TEA bags!
Posted 26 July 2012
Edited by SuzyMonty 26 July 2012
photofrank
Photographer
photofrank
Jenelle_James

the most important thing to bring.....and it always makes the photographers day.............is urself lol its true though a model is better than no model seriously tho, i bring everything i have pretty much, tends to consist of 2 suitcases id prefer to have everything than leave remaining shoot items at home cos u always end up wishing u had brought something uve left, its amazing what kind of things pop into ur head last minute, that one item could have made all the difference to the shot

I don't agree. Recently I asked a model for an outdoor  nude shoot and I'd been better off shooting landscapes that day.
Posted 26 July 2012
photofrank
I don't agree. Recently I asked a model for an outdoor  nude shoot and I'd been better off shooting landscapes that day.
oh dear... that bad? what went wrong?
Posted 26 July 2012
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
The camera, charged batteries and some memory cards is always a good idea.

I usually end up taking too much but I'd rather do that than not have enough.

Posted 26 July 2012
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
A strong red lipstick.

Posted 26 July 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
[qt][author]HowardJ[/author] The camera, charged batteries and some memory cards is always a good idea. I usually end up taking too much but I'd rather do that than not have enough. [/qt] I usually take those rather than rely on the model doing it!
Posted 26 July 2012
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
RupertRudd
A strong red lipstick.
I think hot pink is more your colour.
Posted 26 July 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Spare stockings are always handy, nothing worse than a model ladder the only pair she has while putting them on.

Posted 26 July 2012
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
mph
HowardJ
The camera, charged batteries and some memory cards is always a good idea. I usually end up taking too much but I'd rather do that than not have enough.
I usually take those rather than rely on the model doing it!
Damn!! that's where I've been going wrong all these years. thanks for helping. Ok if you want modelling things: - 3 or 4 matching bra and knicker sets ideally a range of colours that work well with your current look and ideally with the labels cut off so they dont go sticking out in shots. Alternatively if you have a problem label just cover it with you hand while posing. it can add a bit of energy to the pose too. - Some high heels that you only use for modelling i.e. no scuffed soles and make sure the sticky labels on the bottom have been removed. A black pair can work on most shoots. - Some necklaces - A selection of makeup and maybe some hair bands and pins to allow you to get different looks. - A range of clothes but I'd usually discuss clothing requirements with the photographer. They might want formal or glamour or more casual look or they might want clothes of a particular colour or have some definite don't bring X e.g. big stripper style platform heels.
Posted 26 July 2012
Edited by HowardJ 26 July 2012
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
HowardJ

I think hot pink is more your colour.

Oi !! Less of the pink! I don't do that sort of photography.
Posted 26 July 2012
photofrank
Photographer
photofrank
gerda_babbii

oh dear... that bad? what went wrong?

We discussed the shoot and I described the area where we would be shooting (two very wide canals and locks where hardly any people pass). The first area was too open for her, another area didn't feel right and she really looked very uncomfortable. So we packed it up,  and I brought her back home.
I rented a car for the occasion and drove almost 300 kilometres to end up wit 24 pictures, mainly portraits.
Luckily I did a shoot early (seven o'clock till nine) with Miu (http://www.purestorm.com/Miu) this morning wich compensated for yesterday and wich (probably) gave quite some joggers an early morning heart attack.surprise
Posted 26 July 2012
Gfun
Photographer
Gfun
3 x t-shirt bras one black one white one nude
1 x no vpl nickers in nude
1 x heels black
1 x ID

after that we can improvise

Posted 26 July 2012
Keltica
Photographer