Another amateur *waves shyly* .......... (studying photographer) RE:...

Another amateur *waves shyly* .......... (studying photographer) RE: nerves

9 posts
19 July 2012
So i'm a studying photographer taking a Summer on the other side (in which I'm looking forward to jumping back behind the lens asap)........Im still so nervous (only 2 shoots) on the other side what are your nerve easers? What do I need to know, should know and may want to know??? You are all stunning btw Also photographers who is your favourite photographer? I like the photojournalism of Henri Cartier-Bresson I'd love to become a photographers muse..........
Posted 19 July 2012
Edited by MissPhilippa 19 July 2012
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
MissPhilippa

Im still so nervous (only 2 shoots) on the other side what are your nerve easers?

Nerves are natural, at least for us mere mortals

I've found these things to be the most helpful antidote:
  1. Being with calm, confident and positive people.
  2. Preparation.
  3. Practice.
Posted 19 July 2012
Gfun
Photographer
Gfun
Planning what you want and why
writing down what it should look like and
showing the finished article to other photographers i respect for their criticism works for me

Posted 19 July 2012
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
Anti camera shake measures were introduced exactly for photographer's nerves. Not a lot of people know that. Personally I think it's because we're all raving drunks and suffer from the shakes. Not a lot of people will admit to that. The secret to nerves is thinking everyone is more nervous than you and not getting to worked up about it. It's only photography. Fav photographer anyone that's not as good as me. Not to many of them
Posted 20 July 2012
007barney
Photographer
007barney
I would say having a clear idea of what you want to achieve from the shoot and plan accordingly. As for my favourite photographer.....Helmut Newton. Fab fashion and art nude tog.
Posted 20 July 2012
dirk_99
Photographer
dirk_99
Hi MissPhilippa - it's interesting you posting about being nervous, because your photos in your port are very natural, and give the appearance of you being yourself and pretty relaxed. The natural feel is really refreshing. But I guess you really want replies from models about techniques for countering nervousness. From a photographer's perspective it's important to create a relaxed atmosphere with no pressure. And as your 'muse' comment suggests, it is great to develop a working relationship with a model over several shoots, increasing understanding and trust, and eliminating nervousness. Photographers? Yes Henri C-B, and in that genre Jaques-Henri Lartigue, Robert Doisneau and Elliott Erwitt are amazing. But my current fave is the little known Vivian Maier - see www.vivianmaier.com/ and www.vivianmaier.blogspot.co.uk/ best wishes for your career, both sides of the camera
Posted 20 July 2012
Edited by dirk_99 20 July 2012
Yes I "appear" relaxed 1 out of 200 aint bad , Thankyou for the advise it's better than a shot of Brandy ..........I'll have research into Vivian Maier love looking into new things...... x
Posted 20 July 2012
MissPhilippa
So i'm a studying photographer taking a Summer on the other side (in which I'm looking forward to jumping back behind the lens asap)........Im still so nervous (only 2 shoots) on the other side what are your nerve easers? What do I need to know, should know and may want to know??? You are all stunning btw Also photographers who is your favourite photographer? I like the photojournalism of Henri Cartier-Bresson I'd love to become a photographers muse..........
I'm pretty new to the scene too, I find even if your nervous do your best to pretend your not. I always smile and babble away, it's nice to work with someone with a nice personality so I hope you get to work with some lovely people, but there will always be some not so nice people, so they will be the ones that you need to put your game face on for hun x
Posted 20 July 2012
So far so good with my photographers but Im wondering when my look will run out I constantly babble and giggle away....... still got a couple more shoots so wonder what photos I'll get with all your advise
Posted 20 July 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join