Skinnier legs?

22 posts
8 July 2012
http://oi46.tinypic.com/jq3ho7.jpg I really don't like my legs in this picture, I don't feel fat right now- I just want skinnier legs. Any models tips how to do so?
Posted 9 July 2012
Either work with a better photographer that can light you in a more flattering way, or lose weight. You can't spot reduce fat on your legs so will have to undergo a lifestyle change to keep your body fat percentage permanently lower. What's your diet and exercise like? Are you always wishing you had slimmer legs or is it just that photo? In which case it's just an unflattering photo.

Posted 9 July 2012
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
I've known models who had defined muscled legs but when they stopped excercising, their legs became slimmer.

I'm not offering you advice but can only suggest I don't see anything wrong with the shape/size of your legs.

Posted 9 July 2012
fizzy
Model
fizzy
From your other pictures, your legs are already very slim and toned. I think it's just an unflattering photo. If a photographer shoots you from head height or higher, it will foreshorten your legs, making them look shorter and larger.

There's no way to lose weight on only one part of your body as weight distribution is genetic. The only way is to lose weight overall and you definitely don't need to lose weight anywhere.

Posted 9 July 2012
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
Its the lighting and camera angle - the difference between getting those wrong andright is enormous on how you look.

If wrong, they will make your legs look short, stumpy and have no shape

Your legs are in the correct proportions

Posted 9 July 2012
twentytwenty
Photographer
twentytwenty
Approximately several million women in the world would die for legs like the ones in your portfolio.
Posted 9 July 2012
I think you need to agree with what everyone's saying, it's an unflattering photo/lighting/pose. i'm not sure i'm keen on it; you have way better in your port on here already. You do not need to lose any weight at all, your already a size 6 and have stunning legs in the other images. There's always an image we hate out of the set on pictures taken at a shoot, and unfortunately we can't always stop the photographers from using it if they wish to. If you don't like it you could always speak to the photographer nicely and explain and see if you can come to an arrangement to have it taken down
Posted 9 July 2012
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Pretty close to perfect legs in this and most of the other fotos on your profile: Delete the picture you don't like, and forget about it. It's partly because you're standing flat footed, but mostly the angle it's shot from and the lighting. Wish you were a bit closer to me!
Posted 9 July 2012
Edited by Hugh 9 July 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Agree with others, there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with your pins.
But, it doesnt matter how good a model is, they can still take an unflattering photo if the pose, lighting and position of the camera isnt correct.
We have ALL taken them at some point.

Posted 9 July 2012
Hey there!

I'll second (third/fourth?) the opinions on here- it's an unflattering photo.

I have very muscular legs in proportion to the rest of me from years of gymnastics/martial arts and what I find helps is always stand on your toes in photos- it makes the legs look longer and more toned. Also, put one leg slightly in front of the other (Victoria Beckham's an expert at it but also check out some art-nude stuff).

Hope that helps!

R xx

Posted 9 July 2012
lazeeboy
Photographer
lazeeboy
In Lightroom it's showing as being shot at 18mm..... very wide angle.

Posted 9 July 2012
Edited by lazeeboy 9 July 2012
constables photography
Photographer
constables p..
You have great legs so do not worry. It is all to do with lighting camera angle pose etc.
My wife started Aquafit class a couple of months ago and her legs thighs and bum are all more tones she looks great.
So if you feel self concious about your legs remember it is a state of mind.
Try aqua fit type exercise and let us know the result.
Hope this is helpful good luck.

Posted 9 July 2012
kingnorman13NK
Photographer
kingnorman13..
Your 'problem' can be easily sorted without medication and only a very little exercise. And that exercise is to remove the photograph. Simples! I hope by now you have got the message from all your well wishers.

This image looks to have been taken as a technical check before starting to shoot seriously, and it has several issues, (some mentioned above), which unfortunately do you an unjustified disservice. You even seem to be looking quizically at the photographer waiting for something to happen. Not a good shot - it should be removed anyway. Was that the only shot from this session - I wonder what the others were like?

With experience you will learn how to get the best out of your assetts - how to hold yourself, and the way camera angles work etc.
You look fine to me, and doing well. All the right equipment in the right places and in proportion, plus an interesting look to go with it. I'd certainly welcome you in front of my camera.

Relax!

NK

Posted 9 July 2012
You can't spot reduce, only reduce fat overall (like Jen said). And like everyone has said, that isn't the greatest shot.

Also, try standing up on your toes; that gives the same effect as heels and can make your legs look longer and slimmer in photographs.

Posted 9 July 2012
Glamourshotz
Photographer
Glamourshotz
Nowt wrong with your legs, "NO DIET" required, just delete the image and move on, these shots happen (FACT) you have much better shots in your Port anyway so dont worry about it
Posted 9 July 2012
Edited by Glamourshotz 9 July 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join