models and tattoos - cover up

12 posts
4 July 2012

Posted 4 July 2012
Edited by Rachiebuckley 3 days ago
Nel05
Model
Nel05
Oh wow, you'd never know. Thanks for sharing Rachie, I will definately be getting some of that bought
Posted 5 July 2012
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
Not very successful, I'm afraid - the tattoo area is a totally different colour - yellow/green - while the rest of you is brown/pink.
Posted 6 July 2012
_Maz_
Model
_Maz_
Hugh
Not very successful, I'm afraid - the tattoo area is a totally different colour - yellow/green - while the rest of you is brown/pink.
+1 Could tell straight off the mark you have a chest piece - word has it the Sephora cover up stuff works really well though!
Posted 6 July 2012
kingnorman13NK
Photographer
kingnorman13..
I suspect there is more than just the cream going on - looks like some obvious Photoshop editing as well. Sorry but it doesn't work well enough for me. And why leave that bit on the arm showing?

Posted 6 July 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
kingnorman13NK
I suspect there is more than just the cream going on - looks like some obvious Photoshop editing as well. Sorry but it doesn't work well enough for me. And why leave that bit on the arm showing?
Just looks like bad clone brush to be honest, you can see repeating... for want of a better word "pores". I remember seeing this on TV, Kat VonD, impressed me at the time: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6qeIYMrBltY
Posted 6 July 2012
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Nel05
Oh wow, you'd never know. Thanks for sharing Rachie, I will definately be getting some of that bought
I would like to think this was posted in irony. The cover up is so obvious, its the first thing you notice in the image I'm pretty convinced there are no products which cover up tattoos. Why try to cover a tattoo or photoshop it anyway?...either accept the model has a tattoo or book a model who doesn't...would surely be the sensible thing to do....?
Posted 6 July 2012
Edited by IainT 6 July 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
Am I the only one that wonders if the profile is real? You know, sign up day 1, advertise product on forums on day 2....

Posted 6 July 2012
PB001
Photographer
PB001
If I am presuming rightly the tattoo is under that big yellow blotch on your chest. In which case it hasn't worked, well slightly incorrect it has worked as a cover up but it's failed miserably in the respect of hiding it. Anyone but and blind man on a fast horse can see that you have a big yellow patch of make-up where there should be beautiful skin. It looks both odd, unflattering and to me the shot would be completely unusable.

I'm not necessarilly against models with tattoos, but for any commercial purpose outside advertising tattoos or tattooists.  Any cover up MUST be exactly that, seemless and invisable, or the completely the opposite, like for instance, clothes??
Posted 6 July 2012
Edited by PB001 6 July 2012
kingnorman13NK
yeah faie enough comments the problem with it is it only comes in 3 colours so difficult to match not photoshopped edited though here's just a phone pic - http://i46.tinypic.com/2u93i9c.jpg
Posted 6 July 2012
Thanks for the feedback guys good/bad. It was just something shared as it was a frequently asked question for me!

Posted 6 July 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join