Is it worth me organising a group shoot in Leicester

Is it worth me organising a group shoot in Leicester

It seems this conversation has now been locked
12 posts
24 June 2012
Photorod
Photographer
Photorod
I have the opportunuty to organise a group shoot at Rothley Court Hotel which is just outside of Leicester with ALL monies being donated directly to Loros Cancer Hospice. It would be on a Tuesday from 3pm for as long as we like thus enabling use of varying light right into darkness. I have photos of various aspects of the hotel and grounds which I will put up if there is any interest.
I would be looking for £10 each per person and as the Hotel requires NO money then ALL £10 goes to Loros.
I am looking for Photographers and Models and make up artists are welcome. Each model and/or make up artist worked with must receive a disc of images from each photographer worked with (I will keep a record and check on this).

This post ito gauge interest before I start to arrange anything so please respond as quickly as possible if you are definitely interested and available on Tuesdays after 3pm.

Regards to all

Rod

Photorod

Posted 24 June 2012
back2basics
Photographer
back2basics
Put me down as interested
Posted 25 June 2012
RobM
Photographer
RobM
I am interested, and happy to donate the £10 to LOROS, can you confirm that all attending models, photogs and MUA's will be paying equally please.

A group shot for charity on another site wants photog's to pay £30 and give images to models and MUA's but they don't pay anything which I think is wrong

Have the hotel set any limits of levels of nudity etc, if so please publish so we can know

Posted 25 June 2012
nikonuser
Photographer
nikonuser
Interested so put my name in the hat to please, any idea of what date?
Posted 25 June 2012
Photorod
Photographer
Photorod
The cost will be £10 each to everybody including Photographers, Models and Make up artists. I think it is fair that everyone pays the same as everyone will gain images from the shoot. I am sure that this relatively small amount is within everyones budget considering the possible results they will receive.

I have not checked regarding nudity but as there will possibly be guests at the hotel (obviously they won't close the whole hotel) then I would expect any nudity would have to be extremely discreet. I will have a word with the manager about this now that I know there is interest in the shoot.

Current dates are Tuesday 17th July from 3pm or Tuesday 14th August from 3pm with no end time limit on either date.
If there is enough interest or if those who attend would like, I could actually book both dates but probably best to do one first and gauge it from there.

Posted 25 June 2012
RobM
Photographer
RobM
Are you anticipating that we will be outside or shooting using speedlights or can we bring studio flash etc? and if so can we have access to mains power

Posted 27 June 2012
davefish
Photographer
davefish
I would definitely be interested.

Posted 30 June 2012
markwalden
Photographer
markwalden
I would be interested

Posted 30 June 2012
Jack_Russell
Photographer
Jack_Russell
me too

Posted 1 July 2012
bish
Photographer
bish
I am interetsed in the shoot, Aug date suits me best.

Posted 1 July 2012
Pixel_Sensation
Photographer
Pixel_Sensation
yep, id be interested too

Posted 1 July 2012
Photorod
Photographer
Photorod
Hi everyone.
As there has been a good response to this event I have spoken to the Hotel and the date I have been given is Monday 13th August (previous dates have been booked by other events).
I will be at the Hotel just before 3pm and everyone else can turn up any time from 3pm with no end time limit so if you can't get there until after work etc you will still have plenty of time for shooting in various stages of daylight and indoors.

We have exclusive use of a large meeting room and a bedroom with a balcony. Due to the prescence of guests within the hotel, nudity will be restricted to within these two rooms.
Other than these we have use of general areas including the ornate staircase with stained glass windows, the bar and the restaurant but there may be a couple of hotel guests within these areas such as at meal time, also we can use any outdoor areas.
You can see some photos of the hotel on their website and I will put some further ones more related to our use on my facebook (Rod Fitzpatrick) so that you have a chance to prepare any ideas ahead if you like.

Mains power will be available.

To reiterate, the cost to everybody, Photographers, Models and Make up Artists will be £10 each irrespective with ALL money going direct to Loros Cancer Hospice as the hotel are making NO charges for our use of their facilities

I will now apply to the moderators to place this as a group shoot/charity shoot or whatever it has to be posted as and look forward to meeting you all at the event.

If this event proves sucessful then I will begin to arrange regular events at various locations and while choosing some myself will also welcome any requests/ideas from other members.

Rod
Posted 5 July 2012
Edited by WebModerator 5 July 2012
It seems this conversation has now been locked