Casting call avatars: You really should use these

Casting call avatars: You really should use these

8 posts
22 June 2012
bravepioneer
Photographer
bravepioneer
As someone who's job it is to book models for paid shoots, when I'm looking at the Casting Call section, I find I'm naturally more drawn to those castings that have a forum profile avatar next to them, rather than just the default:

A good one really does catch the eye.

It's so easy to do.

Login and go here: http://www.purestorm.com/forum/editprofile.aspx  and add a nice photo of yourself. You'll probably get more interest.

I would change it regularly too. Every couple of months, to appeal to a wider audience over time.

Just a thought.

Posted 22 June 2012
Edited by bravepioneer 22 June 2012
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
The other thing is that some models mistakenly believe that they will get more views if they omit to put a region in the casting. In fact they will fail to get any views in the casting list for any photographer looking for castings in their area. I have a default search for the South East, London and East Anglia, but I won't see Castings from any model from those areas if they leave the region not specified in the casting.

Posted 22 June 2012
Edited by tarmoo 22 June 2012
I do both cheeky
Posted 22 June 2012
This is all well and good, and to be honest I agree. However I don't have a laptop and have to do everything on my iPhone which doesn't allow you to add one.
Posted 22 June 2012
bravepioneer
Photographer
bravepioneer
LilyWhite

This is all well and good, and to be honest I agree. However I don't have a laptop and have to do everything on my iPhone which doesn't allow you to add one.

That's just an excuse. If you are serious about your work, borrow a friends laptop/internet connection every couple of months for 5 minutes or visit an internet cafe. It will help you get more work. No doubt.
Posted 24 June 2012
Edited by bravepioneer 24 June 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
I have to say that in view of the limited numbers of casting calls (if you check regularly) it makes little difference to me! I check them all anyway.
Posted 24 June 2012
bravepioneer
That's just an excuse. If you are serious about your work, borrow a friends laptop/internet connection every couple of months for 5 minutes or visit an internet cafe. It will help you get more work. No doubt.
Well I have all the important stuff covered, but until I need to put a casting call up, it wasn't a priority. The priority was getting my images uploaded. I have since added an avatar. I have already said, I agree with the OP's point, but it's not always a quick fix.
Posted 24 June 2012
So true I rarely look at portfolios if they have no avatar

Posted 24 June 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join