Strobist? Birmingham? Black Country? Severn Valley?

Strobist? Birmingham? Black Country? Severn Valley?

23 posts
12 June 2012
FastEddie
Photographer
FastEddie

I'm very keen to experiment with Strobist style lighting specifically for model photography but I can't find a suitable Strobist group in my area.  There are a couple of  Strobist groups locally but they don't seem very active and to be blunt their meets appear to be rather dull and unattractive.  They're also not specifically aimed at model photography. I think I've tracked all the other local groups so please don't use this thread to recommend any of them.  The idea is to start a new group.

So I'm keen to meet up with a few other keen Strobists and budding Strobists to mutually share ideas and discuss the possibility of getting some meets together.

Reply here if you're keen to establish a group.

Models are very welcome to show interest as we'll definitely need your skills to make this work.

Posted 12 June 2012
MartW
Photographer
MartW
I am near to Shrewsbury so Birmingham is easy by train for me. I would be very interested in getting involved with this proposed group

Martin

Posted 12 June 2012
keigo
Photographer
keigo
I've long been a Strobist, and like you, haven't really found many like minded group. I'm happy to meet and share ideas. If we need a place to meet up, I'm happy to offer my studio in Saltley; the area is full of potential urban industrial locations, and very close from town.

Posted 12 June 2012
I often work in Birmngham - I'm based in the East Midlands but it's pretty easy for me to get over to Brum and the surrounding areas.  I'd be interested in modelling for this

Posted 12 June 2012
attitude
Photographer
attitude
I am Birmingham and this is an area of work I am very interested in learning and developing. I have a number of suitable locations available in the Walsall, Wolverhampton area as well which may help.

Look forward to hearing more, but would really like to be involved.

Russell

Posted 13 June 2012
mantisphoto
Photographer
mantisphoto
Definitely interested in this Eddie... Live and work in the Birmingham area so very easy for me to get to!
Posted 13 June 2012
Kevin_R
Photographer
Kevin_R
Eddie

I'd definitely be interested - need to put some of my recent tuition in to practice!

Kevin
Posted 14 June 2012
Shawry
Photographer
Shawry
If diary allowed would also be interested too
Posted 14 June 2012
FastEddie
Photographer
FastEddie
Briefly my idea for the group is for it to be pro active with all members taking an active part.  Experienced and beginner strobists are very welcome and the essence is to learn, share and help each other

I've posted about this group on 3 different sites and the response has been very good so I feel it's time to get a meet together and discuss how the group will function. I'll post details once I've selected a venue.

The first meet will allow us to get to know each other and plan our first group shoot and lay down a few basic ground rules, and to share ideas and information. I also plan to set up a flickr group for discussions and to show off our images.

More information soon.

Posted 15 June 2012
Edited by FastEddie 15 June 2012
mr_mick
Photographer
mr_mick
Im very interested
Posted 15 June 2012
Kizer
Photographer
Kizer
I am interested in this
Posted 16 June 2012
FastEddie
Photographer
FastEddie
The response to start this new group has been very good.  So far we have 20 photographers and 2 models interested which is really good and I've sent you all a mail to update you about this new Strobist group's progress and the next steps.
Posted 18 June 2012
Edited by FastEddie 18 June 2012
FastEddie
Photographer
FastEddie
Very pleased at the interest in this group so far. If I haven't mailed you yet then please get in touch for more details.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/central_strobisits/

Posted 29 June 2012
kdharper
Photographer
kdharper
Has this happened yet? If not, I'm definitely interested in it. I am a rank outsider and strobist work and want to learn. Thanks. Kevin
Posted 3 Aug 2012
FastEddie
Photographer
FastEddie
Hi Kevin,
The group is now on Flickr and we've had one group shoot/meet already.
It's still getting established and you're very welcome to join and bring your input.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/central_strobisits/

Posted 3 Aug 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join