images on grey screen instead of white

images on grey screen instead of white

6 posts
23 May 2012
TMG
Photographer
TMG
I know it's been mentioned before, but just raising it again. Apart from images looking better on grey, it's a pain when going from photoshop which shows against grey, to PS which shows against white - colours look different and it's difficult to know whether that's a loss of contrast (or something)  during the upload process, or the background.
Maybe have it as an option, or an option for upgrade if it costs more to have. 
Posted 23 May 2012
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
Agreed,,,,,

Posted 23 May 2012
Studio1
Photographer
Studio1
For images I intend to keep on my Profile page I always put the image in a frame, this gets rid of the white background problem and I also think it looks as if they are wall mounted which is an improvement in my opinion.

Everybody has their own opinions and there is no right or wrong at the end of the day it is how we see things as a photographer, just my two penneth.  

Posted 23 May 2012
pippins
Photographer
pippins
TMG
I know it's been mentioned before, but just raising it again. Apart from images looking better on grey, it's a pain when going from photoshop which shows against grey, to PS which shows against white - colours look different and it's difficult to know whether that's a loss of contrast (or something)  during the upload process, or the background. Maybe have it as an option, or an option for upgrade if it costs more to have. 
When an image is loaded in PS.CS5 right click on the background & you can change it to any colour. This is standard non a plug in or update.
Posted 23 May 2012
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
pippins

When an image is loaded in PS.CS5 right click on the background & you can change it to any colour. This is standard non a plug in or update.

He means PS=Purestorm not Photoshop.  The background on this website is White which can overpower subtle contrasts.

Si

ie...  

Posted 23 May 2012
Allinthemind
Photographer
Allinthemind
ot a grey background..
Posted 23 May 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join