nude, implied nude, art nude

nude, implied nude, art nude

15 posts
15 May 2012
tom1988
Model
tom1988
To gain experience and build a portfolio understandably you do x amount of TFP/CD. However i have been told never to do nude, implied nude or art nude without being paid. personally you won't get comfortable or be any good in these catagories if you haven't had practise from doing TFP/CD. What are peoples opinions?

Posted 15 May 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
As with all questions of TF - it is up to you. There is no point though in turning down a TF shoot from someone whose work excites you if you feel it would add to your portfolio.

Bear in mind too that not all photographers will give you images from a paid shoot - so this will be of no help in building your portfolio!

Posted 15 May 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
tom1988
However i have been told never to do nude, implied nude or art nude without being paid.
Rubbish. Do what you want, how you want.
Posted 15 May 2012
Lifescapes
Photographer
Lifescapes
TF is payment.  You get images instead of cash.  Choose wisely and the right images will enhance your portfolio and therefore your marketability so it can be a good investment.

As a male model you may well struggle to make your mark but it is possible, just take a look at Joel's portfolio if you want inspiration.
Posted 15 May 2012
Hugh
Photographer
Hugh
tom1988
To gain experience and build a portfolio understandably you do x amount of TFP/CD. However i have been told never to do nude, implied nude or art nude without being paid. personally you won't get comfortable or be any good in these catagories if you haven't had practise from doing TFP/CD. What are peoples opinions?
You're right. Good people won't pay you to shoot with them unless you've got some evidence that you can do the job (unless you've got an exceptional look), but they might be persuaded to shoot TF with you. Be very selective and try to line up a few shoots with people whose work you really like. Even consider paying one or two if it'll speed up the process. You need to build a portfolio and gain experience at the same time. Just harder because you're male.
Posted 15 May 2012
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
Then people will pay to look at your tits rather than pay to produce amazing work.

Some guys just want to get a naked girl on their sofa and arent that fussy what you look like naked. But if you want to work with serious photographers theyll want to check you haven't got weird looking boobs or something.

Good tf = better portfolio = better paid work. If people can see you look comfortable doing nudes they will be more likely to bool you also. If they don't have evidence of this they might assume you'd be nervous and self conscious shooting with them.

Check out some of the more successful art nude models on this site like Allegra or artemisd5. Maybe you could contact some of the photographers in their portfolio and ask them to shoot some nudes tf with you.

Posted 15 May 2012
katiesoze
Photographer
katiesoze
Ok I just realised you're a guy. Replace wierd looking boobs with saggy balls.

Posted 15 May 2012
katiesoze

Then people will pay to look at your tits rather than pay to produce amazing work. Some guys just want to get a naked girl on their sofa and arent that fussy what you look like naked. But if you want to work with serious photographers theyll want to check you haven't got weird looking boobs or something. Good tf = better portfolio = better paid work. If people can see you look comfortable doing nudes they will be more likely to bool you also. If they don't have evidence of this they might assume you'd be nervous and self conscious shooting with them. Check out some of the more successful art nude models on this site like Allegra or artemisd5. Maybe you could contact some of the photographers in their portfolio and ask them to shoot some nudes tf with you.

I'm pretty sure, based on first the username and second, the pictures, that tom1988 doesn't have weird boobs, nor is it likely that he'll be booked by guys who just want to see girls naked

On topic, I think it's a stupid thing to say "Don't do nude TF". If you want to get your bits out on camera, it shouldn't matter if you're paid in cash, pictures or you are paying the photographer. Your bits are on the internet - the people looking at them don't think more highly of you if they know you were paid, or vice versa
I built up my nude portfolio with as many decent photographers as I could. True, I was very, very selective in who I chose to work nude on a TF basis with, but I did it because I knew that without the images, no one's going to pay me

Good luck!
Posted 15 May 2012
Edited by HannahAshlea 15 May 2012
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphoto..
Lifescapes

TF is payment.  You get images instead of cash.  Choose wisely and the right images will enhance your portfolio and therefore your marketability so it can be a good investment.

As a male model you may well struggle to make your mark but it is possible, just take a look at Joel's portfolio if you want inspiration.

+1
Posted 15 May 2012
RobM
Photographer
RobM
I echo the suggestion that you look at Joel's portfolio and I am glad to say I have shot with a couple of times for his portfolio.

Personally, I wouldn't consider you for any paid work without seeing samples of that style / level. If you don't want to obtain those samples via TF shoots, then your option is to pay for the shoot yourself. Something to think about

Gain experience and possibly some great images or to pay out to a good photographer who can pretty much give you what you want

Posted 15 May 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
RobM

I echo the suggestion that you look at Joel's portfolio and I am glad to say I have shot with a couple of times for his portfolio. Personally, I wouldn't consider you for any paid work without seeing samples of that style / level. If you don't want to obtain those samples via TF shoots, then your option is to pay for the shoot yourself. Something to think about Gain experience and possibly some great images or to pay out to a good photographer who can pretty much give you what you want

He is rather fetching
I like the fact that even men admit that :P
Posted 15 May 2012
diipii
Photographer
diipii
"never to do" incest and folk dancing apparently.
Everything else is your own choice.

Posted 16 May 2012
no matter what style of modelling you are in, in my opinion, you will struggle to get paid (genuine) work in that type of modelling without a proven track record that you are good at it. This is more so in Art Nude in my opinion

Posted 16 May 2012
roncevicashton
Photographer
roncevicasht..
My advice...
1) If you are 99% or less sure about modelling for non-work safe images then I'd recommend a test shoot with a photographer who will agree not to use the photographs if you don't like them.
2) If you are 100% sure then I'd recomment TFCD to help you develop skills and a portfolio which will help you attract higher pay. Long term it may be better to do TFCD with a good photographer than be paid by a less skilled photographer.

Posted 19 May 2012
PB001
Photographer
PB001
grahamsphotography

+1

If you find photographers who's work you like TF is payment x3 you get both time, skill, plus images; If you like his/her vision too, you get payment x4.

It's like any industry, if you enjoy it and work hard you reap the benefits.  In the commercial world (where I mostly inhabit) if people ask me to do work for FREE, I think hard about it first then make sure that I could find something in return that they could do for me that would equal the cost, time and effort I would be giving them.  Sometimes I write that into a contract, I will give you X amount of time, X amount of work and X amount of images for which you will give me.......X amount of...

This way the person you work with understands the value even though money hasn't changed hands.  You must have an understanding of the value of what you do. 
Posted 2 June 2012
Edited by PB001 2 June 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join