Guilt!

25 posts
13 May 2012
Well, I've just had to leave negative feedback for someone, and I feel really guilty about it, even though I am perfectly within my rights. Does anyone else feel bad? It got me wondering whether there are people who just don't leave any feedback at all, rather than feeling the guilt of publicly declaring a bad one?
Posted 13 May 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglide..
No, not really. If you're within your rights, then that's what the feedback system is for. And don't worry about reprisals, as long as you kept communication via PS messages, then if there's any negative feedback in return, you can get the moderators to look into it.

Posted 13 May 2012
thestarglider
as long as you kept communication via PS messages
Nope.. he asked to switch to facebook. I'm an idiot, aren't I?
Posted 13 May 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglide..
HannahKay

Just call it a life-lesson. I'm sure you'll be fine. I have no issues in putting negative feedback should it be required.
Posted 13 May 2012
I hope so! I'm just worried that he'll post negative on mine and I'll have no proof otherwise. Thank you for consoling me hehe
Posted 13 May 2012
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
HannahKay

I hope so! I'm just worried that he'll post negative on mine and I'll have no proof otherwise. Thank you for consoling me hehe

If he did that then it would point a rather large finger at himself acting unprofessionally - instant infamy.
Posted 13 May 2012
Sarge
Photographer
Sarge
Dont feel guilty Hannah.
If no one left it then no one would be any the wiser. You owe it to other models to be honest.
If you do get negetive back then take a screen snap of your FB conversation.

BTW what was the nature of the feedback? Was it a no show? innapropriate comments? etc
I notice that you live local to me (I work in and around the Boro), so if you ever fancy a TF shoot of your choice then i will be more than happy. I will NEVER give you reason to leave negetive feedback.

Posted 13 May 2012
tarmoo
If he did that then it would point a rather large finger at himself acting unprofessionally - instant infamy.
I suppose it would, wouldn't it.
Sarge
I notice that you live local to me (I work in and around the Boro), so if you ever fancy a TF shoot of your choice then i will be more than happy. I will NEVER give you reason to leave negetive feedback.
If you look at your past messages, you'll see that we've actually already arranged a shoot and I'm just waiting on you for dates and stuff now
Posted 13 May 2012
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
HannahKay

Go into your FB messages and screen grab the lot.
If there is any comeback on you, you can show PS moderators and I think, as the conversation started here, they will take it into account 

Posted 13 May 2012
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Hannah

Since you are rather new I would give you the following advice:
  1. Keep all correspondence organising shoots to this site. If someone asked to go to MSN, Facebook etc to book a shoot then this should ring alarm bells.
  2. Check references - send PMs to models asking for a private reference for people you want to work with. Only work with photographers with lots of references. Once you have more experience, you will have a much better gut feeling of who to work with and who to avoid.
  3. Think about geting a Silver membership here. It will allow you to create casting calls for paid work, have a bigger selection of images on your portfolio and allow you to contact more photographers for shoots and models to check references. You will then be able to be more selective in who you work with.
Posted 13 May 2012
Thank you all for your advice, I will definitely take a screenshot of the messages. And yes, I am rather new, and feel pretty stupid for making this mistake I will keep it all on purestorm in the future! The photographer had glowing references, which is why I'm confused as to how this situation has arisen. I would love a silver membership - once I get a job, I intend to upgrade
Posted 13 May 2012
jivago
Photographer
jivago
HannahKay

Well, I've just had to leave negative feedback for someone, and I feel really guilty about it, even though I am perfectly within my rights. Does anyone else feel bad? It got me wondering whether there are people who just don't leave any feedback at all, rather than feeling the guilt of publicly declaring a bad one?

Nahhh! - Don't do guilt - Never.  It's the just reward of religious people.  
Posted 13 May 2012
pinkbuildingphotography
Photographer
pinkbuilding..
jivago

Nahhh! - Don't do guilt - Never.  It's the just reward of religious people.  

Love it.

To OP

Don't feel guilty.  Just cover your own arse.
Posted 13 May 2012
RobGolding
Photographer
RobGolding
HannahKay

I suppose it would, wouldn't it. If you look at your past messages, you'll see that we've actually already arranged a shoot and I'm just waiting on you for dates and stuff now

LMAO....Photographer fail! lol....
Posted 13 May 2012
Keltica
Photographer
Keltica
Guilty feelings in this game are superflous.

Posted 13 May 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join