agencies

9 posts
9 May 2012
i had an agencey wanting to sign me but for a fee of £80, now ive been told not to go to anyone who will take money from you...but if it going to get me more work i think its a smal price to pay?on the other hand they could take me £80 and get me no work what so ever! would bebhappy to here your opinions and advice!
Posted 9 May 2012
studio197
Studio
studio197
You said it. If they want your money to sign you up, avoid.

Posted 9 May 2012
peterbuchanphoto
Photographer
peterbuchanphoto
The rule I see often on this forum is if they want a single penny off you then avoid them. If thy are confident they can get you work, the standard practice is to take any fees from your first few paying jobs

plus have you tried googling this agency to see if they are legit? It might also help if you posted which agency it is so models can tell you of any experiences they have had with them

Posted 9 May 2012
Edited by peterbuchanphoto 9 May 2012
Check this list of agencies out and read the advice given http://modelbitch.blogspot.co.uk/p/bitchs-list-of-reputable-agencies.html
Posted 9 May 2012
Avoid. No Agencies should charge you to be on their books. If they think your marketable for them, wether its a Glamour, Fashion, Commercial or Promotional Agency then they won't charge you, it's their job to find you work and make money off you from the commissions they get from you for jobs they find you.
Posted 10 May 2012
They are not actually aloud to charge models for sign up any more so if they are asking for it then they are not reputable.

Posted 10 May 2012
AmyC_01
Model
AmyC_01
Read this:

http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Understandingyourworkstatus/Agencyworkersandemploymentagencies/DG_173262

Sorry no good at making links click-a-able lol.

They should take the fee off your first modelling job.

Posted 10 May 2012
onebadpuppy
Photographer
onebadpuppy
You would do better if you tracked down a photographer who's work you like and isn't based somewhere out in the back of beyond and thrash out a deal where you get to work with him on one of his projects and come away with a couple of top notch edited images for your port. Even if you have pay for the images, it would be better value for money than just handing over your dosh to who ever these people are.

Posted 10 May 2012
Edited by onebadpuppy 10 May 2012
ahh thanhk yopu so much everyone for you repley! very helpful
Posted 21 May 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join