'Oyster', a fashion nude/ short art film by Marie Schuller feat. Vivie...

'Oyster', a fashion nude/ short art film by Marie Schuller feat. Vivienne Westwood!

17 posts
1 May 2012
I can't believe I haven't posted about this already- I've been so insanely busy since this film came out that today is my first day off from shooting in nearly a month! So, from my duvet-nest on the sofa I present to you a film I made with Marie Schuller, a director I have deeply admired since I came across her work in Singapore last year! When this lady emails you out of the blue to tell you you're starring in her latest release, namely by dancing around on the tube with no clothes on all night, you say YES! Or I did, anyway I couldn't believe it!

I don't think I can post videos on here (?), but if you would like to watch the film, it was released >right here< on Imagine Fashion (not safe for work!). It was sponsored by Vivienne Westwood and Dans La Vie and will be touring film festivals worldwide this summer <3

I won't go on about it, but I'm just so pleased with how it turned out! And perhaps it will be useful for people who haven't met/ worked with me before to see what I "really" look like without lights (except the fluorescent lights on the tube!), Photoshop or clothes

Thanks for looking!
Posted 1 May 2012
otteypm
Photographer
otteypm
I saw this the other night, fantastic piece of work
Posted 1 May 2012
Edited by otteypm 1 May 2012
otteypm

I saw this the other night, fantastic piece of work

Thank you

I have more news! Nick Knight likes the film so much that he is showcasing it on his #marie_schuller">SHOWstudio website, which is really unusual as doesn't usually post videos that haven't been specifically commissioned! I'm just honoured and humbled that Nick likes it!
Posted 4 May 2012
BaileyK
Model
BaileyK
Amazing!!! You brave chicka!!!! x
Posted 4 May 2012
thisisharmony
Photographer
thisisharmony
Loved it!

It must have felt amazing, I'm guessing the people on the tube where unaware of what was going on.

Posted 4 May 2012
thisisharmony

Loved it! It must have felt amazing, I'm guessing the people on the tube where unaware of what was going on.

It certainly was very liberating! Where possible, we shot without people on the tube knowing what was going on. Where it wasn't possible to shoot without people noticing, Marie just asked them nicely if they minded if we shot for an art film that involved nudity in front of them. No-one objected!
Posted 6 May 2012
seanb
Photographer
seanb
I saw this a while ago and was wondering whether some of it was done on a set and whether the passengers were extras! Amazing to learn that it was done in public. I've been wanting to use a tube train for ages now, but never had the nerve to even suggest it to anyone - and if I had, it would involve travelling around waiting for empty trains! Incredible.

Do you know if any clearance was required from TFL to actually use the film?
Posted 6 May 2012
Scarecrow
Photographer
Scarecrow
Very brave Anita. Well done you, the finished article is a tribute to your abilities notwithstanding the input from everyone else involved.

Posted 6 May 2012
barone
Photographer
barone
AWESOME work by ALL involved.....loved it!!!....
Posted 7 May 2012
Anita

That is brilliant.

I really liked this.

I agree that you are very brave and this is a brilliant film.

The fact that the filming was done on the London Tube and the outside shoots apeared to be Chicago or New York mass transit was also really cool.

Posted 7 May 2012
stolenfaces
Photographer
stolenfaces
pinkbuildingphotography

Anita That is brilliant. I really liked this. I agree that you are very brave and this is a brilliant film. The fact that the filming was done on the London Tube and the outside shoots apeared to be Chicago or New York mass transit was also really cool.

The outside shots seem to be the DLR.
Posted 7 May 2012
Chandos
Photographer
Chandos
Nice work Anita. Plenty of rolling shutters and shakey cams but that add to the effect like it was captured in the spur of the moment thing and not staged.
That website is a very good idea as it offers videographers who work with models the opportunity to showcase their work and for models who wants exposure into acting.

I believe model progressing into acting is the next big craze if it not already.
"Game of Thrones" and "Spartacus" has a number of models joining the main cast. The girl that played Ros in GOT use to be on MM applying for work in casting calls like everyone else not that long ago but now moved to LA and you can only speak to her agent.

Posted 8 May 2012
Edited by Chandos 8 May 2012
creative_interest
Photographer
creative_interest
really well done, it's brilliant.

I LOVE the editing too!

Posted 8 May 2012
Bump...because more people need to see this video.

RebeccaAmy <3
Posted 8 May 2012
HowardJ
Photographer
HowardJ
Cool video.

I once saw a couple on the underground platform at Waterloo station filming their own movie with everyone walking past in the middle of rush hour and no one said a word... she was wearing a totally see through dress and seemed a little turned on by the whole experience. The things you see in that big London...

Posted 8 May 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join