The Chandos, London - a reunion?!

The Chandos, London - a reunion?!

31 posts
26 April 2012
JEBPhotography
Photographer
JEBPhotography
Hi!

Now then, many years ago Mark Leuty and I organised a series of rather raucous networking evenings where models, photographers and creatives met at the somewhat-of-a-dive Chandos pub, just off Trafalgar Square

Does anyone remember them?

I do, just.

Binky, Holly and many others might do too!

Fast forwarding to 2012, I discovered that the Chandos is literally a stone's throw away from a much more excellent pub, The Harp.

So, cutting to the chase, is there an appetite out there for a Chandos Reunion, even if we relocate to somewhere with much better beer?

New folk would, of course, be very welcome indeed.  It's a great chance for the creative community to meet up, swap stories and ideas, and hopefully plan new collaborations.

wink
Posted 26 April 2012
Edited by JEBPhotography 26 April 2012
They had their last meet in The Chandos...keep up!

Posted 26 April 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
JEBPhotography

Does anyone remember them?

I just about remember the meet at Chandos a few weeks back  on Maundy Thursday.
Don't remember you being there tough.
Bob

Posted 26 April 2012
JEBPhotography
Photographer
JEBPhotography
jessicard

They had their last meet in The Chandos...keep up!

What, who, how, when?!?!?!?!

Edit - just found the thread!
Posted 26 April 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
JEBPhotography

is there an appetite out there for a Chandos Reunion, even if we relocate to somewhere with much better beer?

Where could be better than a Sam Smith's pub in London selling Old Brewery Bitter at Yorkshire prices?
(My CAMRA award-winning micropub local excepted)
Bob
Posted 26 April 2012
JEBPhotography
Photographer
JEBPhotography
Bob

Where could be better than a Sam Smith's pub in London selling Old Brewery Bitter at Yorkshire prices?
(My CAMRA award-winning micropub local excepted)
Bob

Talking of CAMRA...this is The Harp I speak of... http://www.harpcoventgarden.com/  

And they have a quietish room upstairs 
Posted 26 April 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
JEBPhotography

And they have a quietish room upstairs

And they also have Covent Garden prices and the upstairs room is a bit on the pokey side, even if you are lucky enough to get it to yourself.

I've quaffed in there many times over the years, though equally there have been many times that it has been too busy to even get to the bar so I've gone round the corner to the Lemon Tree instead. That pub also has an upstairs room but it is even more pokey, but it doesn't get as busy as the Harp, which the CID from Charing Cross nick use as their local.
Bob
Posted 26 April 2012
JEBPhotography
Photographer
JEBPhotography
Bob

And they also have Covent Garden prices and the upstairs room is a bit on the pokey side, even if you are lucky enough to get it to yourself.

I've quaffed in there many times over the years, though equally there have been many times that it has been too busy to even get to the bar so I've gone round the corner to the Lemon Tree instead. That pub also has an upstairs room but it is even more pokey, but it doesn't get as busy as the Harp, which the CID from Charing Cross nick use as their local.
Bob

Tell you what then, we meet in the Chandos and I'll nip down to the Harp to buy my pints cheeky  Didn't realise that it was a CID pub!  Must watch out for that!

Right then, when's a good Thursday evening soonish?
Posted 26 April 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
JEBPhotography

Right then, when's a good Thursday evening soonish?

Speak to Tansy_Blue. She's been trying to twist my arm. It's unlikely that I'll be in London much now until after the five ring circus has gone as I've got a rather packed work diary.

Bob
Posted 26 April 2012
Count me in guys! The last meet was wicked and at least now I'm not ill!! Phil
Posted 27 April 2012
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
I might be tempted to come along. The person who organised the last one didn't do a great job. Lol
Posted 27 April 2012
JEBPhotography
Photographer
JEBPhotography
pmeswani

I might be tempted to come along. The person who organised the last one didn't do a great job. Lol

It's always tricky to get a bunch of people in one place at one time...  
Posted 27 April 2012
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
JEBPhotography
It's always tricky to get a bunch of people in one place at one time...  
You are aware that I organised the last one? I agree it is tricky, but I think we had about 10-20 peeps turn up to the last do.
Posted 27 April 2012
JEBPhotography
Photographer
JEBPhotography
pmeswani
You are aware that I organised the last one? I agree it is tricky, but I think we had about 10-20 peeps turn up to the last do.
Fun, innit?
Posted 27 April 2012
alexkidd
Photographer
alexkidd
i'll be in nodnol from the 15th til the 18th of may, if it's any time around then i'll pop along
Posted 28 April 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join