c.v/show reel help!!

c.v/show reel help!!

4 posts
24 April 2012
dede
Model
dede
hiya, I am now applying for promotional agencies and alot of them ask for c.vs or show reels. Is a modeling c.v set out the same way as a normal c.v but with your experience and past jobs? and whats the difference with a show reel? i may sound stupid here but youll never know unless you ask right!! so please help me thanks guys sophie star xx
Posted 24 April 2012
BicycleRacer
Photographer
BicycleRacer
Hi Sophie, Out of interest I googled 'CV.,show reel' and just as it sounds it is a short video clip of you, lets people see you in action !! Good luck with it, Steve
Posted 24 April 2012
RobM
Photographer
RobM
Best suggestion for a showreel, find somebody who really knows how to create one rather someone who thinks they can.
Many people think that they can shoot and edit video, but I have seen so many badly produced video's as showreels and corporate video at conferences that I despair.

It won't be cheap to have a properly produced showreel, but if done well, you will benefit from it.

Posted 24 April 2012
I work for a lot of promotional agency's and have never been asked to provide a showreel for promotional work , I only use it for dancing and acting . Showreels are generally used for performance work and its clips from previous shows etc xx

Posted 24 April 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join