Mornington Crescent

Mornington Crescent

134 posts
2 Dec 2007
marshon
Photographer
marshon

I propose the Ivan Alexandrovich opening gambit, which is of course .......

Arnos Grove

Posted 2 Dec 2007
mrgoose
Photographer
mrgoose
Finsbury Park

(Means you can feed the geese on the lake before changing to the Victoria line)

VBW Mr G. happy4
Posted 4 Dec 2007
fetishphotoman
Photographer
fetishphotom..
Tottenham Court Road
Posted 30 Dec 2007
Serena
Model
Serena
I don't know how to play this game.  However, I'm going to travel by the Central Line all the way from Tottenham Court Road to the BBC at White City to ask why there's so little worth watching on TV tonight ...

So my answer is White City.

Have I followed the rules?
Posted 31 Dec 2007
JohnD
Photographer
JohnD
vivmodel

I don't know how to play this game.  However, I'm going to travel by the Central Line all the way from Tottenham Court Road to the BBC at White City to ask why there's so little worth watching on TV tonight ...

So my answer is White City.

Have I followed the rules?
Are we using the classic King George rules or the modern Latte variant? If the latter then you're OK Viv but if we're playing the classic then that move is just crazy. You can't play a White City as it's a cross tangent.

Moderator, can we have confirmation please?
Posted 14 March 2008
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
JohnD

Are we using the classic King George rules or the modern Latte variant? If the latter then you're OK Viv but if we're playing the classic then that move is just crazy. You can't play a White City as it's a cross tangent.

Moderator, can we have confirmation please?
I think that if you look at the first two moves you will see that we are playing neither set of the rules you mention. The second move is the classic 'Finsbury Shuffle' which as you should know is only allowed if playing the 'Duchy of Cornwall' variant much loved by Charles and Camilla and often played at Buckingham Palace during the summer months. weather Permitting of course. The little known fact about this is that Diana could never master this version and Charles looked to Camilla as a Partner in 'Duets' adding fuel to the fire in rumours of an affair. A rumour that has now resulted in Diana's death and the subsequent marriage of Chaz and the horse!
Posted 16 March 2008
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
Oh - my move.......

Baker Street.

With that I will double. Any takers?

Oh and Marshon, I will offer you an Ealing Broadway for your Notting Hill. fair deal?
Posted 16 March 2008
Edited by regthecat 16 March 2008
TonyS
Photographer
TonyS
WTF is happening here?

Posted 17 March 2008
Two_stops
Photographer
Two_stops

Dunno, I was arrested on the Old Kent Road and had to go to jail, didn't pass go and no £200. sad2 
Meanwhile in Mayfair, there was a nice centrespread. happy1

John

Posted 17 March 2008
JohnD
Photographer
JohnD
Thanks for correcting me on the Duchy rules, how stupid to forget the simplest of things!

I accept your doubling and nominate Tooting Broadway as trumps, and I'll play Kennington Oval.
Posted 17 March 2008
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
Well if your gonna play Kennington Oval with a trump then according to the Duchy rules I have to take a central line station so East Acton it has to be and with that I have cancelled your trump and regained my double.. Sorry - you forced my hand.........I had no choice but to play an Acton and East was all I had. Beat that Suckers!

Posted 17 March 2008
Edited by regthecat 17 March 2008
JohnD
Photographer
JohnD
Wow, you see a move like that and one has to stand back and appreciate the sheer audacity and sharpness of mind. I'll have to go on a defensive lateral and pull out Penge.

Posted 19 March 2008
regthecat
Photographer
regthecat
Bugger. Penge...................I'll have to give up the whole of the Jubilee now! i nearly had it in the bag as well. I am afraid all I can go with is my double I regained earlier.

Richmond and Chiswick.

I know it's piss poor but after losing my Jubilee line I am running low.

Can I still keep my Northern line - Not sure what I can and can't keep after a Pengeing? I know in the trad format I have to give up all completed lines but I think it's different in Duchy rules?

Anyone shed any light?
Posted 19 March 2008
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack

Having checked the Transport for London Website it says there are a lot of station closures tonight between 2 & 3 AM.

Also the M1 will be closed for repairs at the same time.......

Posted 29 March 2008
JohnD
Photographer
JohnD
Which renders my only possible next move Watford Gap. Damn these updates, the original guys never battled real information.

Posted 29 March 2008
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join