My Port

9 posts
23 April 2012
Hey Peeps, 

Well after 4 hours i have finally organised my port into different photographer/date sections.... just had a random fit i think!

In your view do you think its better to see a modelling port in genre categories?

x
Posted 23 April 2012
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Sorry to be a party-pooper, but that layout means that you have several instances of very, very similar pics sitting right next to each other.

Posted 23 April 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
I'm pretty sure the category thing is irrelevant after the categories section is filled in profile notes. After that, it's an interpretation game and everyone's varies anyway. You've a decent range of pics from the cursory glance I made, but I found the categorisation a bit tiring and gave up reading.

Posted 23 April 2012
Edited by profilepictures 23 April 2012
yeah like i said, i was in a random mood It can always be changed if people complain i suppose. Just felt like a re-vamp. Thanks for posting.
Posted 23 April 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
By photographer seems very strange, have to say I've never seen it before. POssibly because it means you have mor photos than needed in each section, making them quite overloaded and repetative. Take the "rope" shoot, 3 of them seem to be almost identical.

Posted 23 April 2012
Yeah i understand what you are saying. I cant make my mind up which one i like the best! I just thought showing as many photos as possible would be better than just showing "one" picture out of the full set. I do always struggle picking pictures and the photographer always seems to like the one i dont like. Anyways Thank you
Posted 23 April 2012
BicycleRacer
Photographer
BicycleRacer
disturbed_alt
I do always struggle picking pictures and the photographer always seems to like the one i dont like. Anyways Thank you
We all see the same picture in a different way, nearly every model that I have worked with has said the same Hope to shoot with you this summer
Posted 24 April 2012
does anyone know of good photographers wanting to do some clean but fun shoots! preferably paid work but don't mind doing tcp if the shoot it something that will benefit both of us! please get in contact if your in the hertfordshire area to!
Posted 24 April 2012
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
disturbed_alt

Yeah i understand what you are saying. I cant make my mind up which one i like the best! I just thought showing as many photos as possible would be better than just showing "one" picture out of the full set. I do always struggle picking pictures and the photographer always seems to like the one i dont like. Anyways Thank you

Understood. I'm the same - I'm hopeless when it comes to deciding on just one pic from a particular sequence. (Earlier today I uploaded six pics from the same shoot, so I don't exactly practice what I preach!)

However, when I look at a model's portfolio, if I see a lot of 'same shoot' pics I find myself thinking "she can't have done many shoots, otherwise she wouldn't need to pad her portfolio with several lots of pics that are very, very similar". (That's not meant to be rude. Honest!)

If there is a photographer you know fairly well and whose judgement you trust, why not ask them to select just one pic from each set. If you're using your folio to try to get you work, it's more important that it should appeal to photoraphers than it does to you or other models. (Again, I hope that doesn't sound rude - it's not meant to be!)
Posted 24 April 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join