Paid work rates?

17 posts
12 April 2012
I have recently started doing shoots really enjoy them want to start making some money out of it now, does anyone have a idea on rates? Not really sure where to start don't want to go to high, thanks

Posted 12 April 2012
depends what u can offer thats different etc. Ive been modeling for 3 years my rates are on my profile. I do have better photos. But i use my phone atm as my pc broke. Lol. But i think my rates are reasonable, for my experience. Xx

Posted 12 April 2012
SoftGentle
depends what u can offer thats different etc. Ive been modeling for 3 years my rates are on my profile. I do have better photos. But i use my phone atm as my pc broke. Lol. But i think my rates are reasonable, for my experience. Xx
ditto, my rates are on profile.
Posted 12 April 2012
Edited by TintedCream 12 April 2012
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
Paid work is hard enough to come by for experienced models, those models also having lots of references from other members who have shot them or with them.
References not only show people have worked with you, but also give an indication of reliability, ability and character.

On top of that, you have to be prepared to travel as living in Paignton is pretty much on the edge of the world to most people on this site. It is just too far for people to come to you and often, the cost of travel will make them look closer to home so they don't have to pay the extra costs.

There are a few photographers in this area but paid shoots are very, very thin on the ground.

I wrote to you offering a TF shoot with a makeup artist yesterday and you replied saying you are only really looking for paid work. OK, my pictures may not be good enough for what you want but I suggest you try and get a few shoots done with other members to gain some references and a track record. From looking at your portfolio as it is now, you haven't a variety of hots and you have no references so who is going to risk booking you for a paid shoot, not knowing how good you are, how reliable you are etc?

Posted 12 April 2012
mattharper
Paid work is hard enough to come by for experienced models, those models also having lots of references from other members who have shot them or with them. References not only show people have worked with you, but also give an indication of reliability, ability and character. On top of that, you have to be prepared to travel as living in Paignton is pretty much on the edge of the world to most people on this site. It is just too far for people to come to you and often, the cost of travel will make them look closer to home so they don't have to pay the extra costs. There are a few photographers in this area but paid shoots are very, very thin on the ground. I wrote to you offering a TF shoot with a makeup artist yesterday and you replied saying you are only really looking for paid work. OK, my pictures may not be good enough for what you want but I suggest you try and get a few shoots done with other members to gain some references and a track record. From looking at your portfolio as it is now, you haven't a variety of hots and you have no references so who is going to risk booking you for a paid shoot, not knowing how good you are, how reliable you are etc?
I agree with you,
Posted 12 April 2012
Thankyou for your replys, yes I see what you mean about the living in Paignton situation lol it does seem that all the messages I have had regarding paid work are in the London area some of which include travel cost but due to the amount of time it takes to get there it would just end up costing me and obviously I want to make money not spend it lol.I do have lots more images would it be worth upgrading and putting more images in here? I have got lots of messages asking for tf shoots do you think it would be worth doing a few of those before seeking paid work ? Thanks again Sophie

Posted 12 April 2012
FunAli
Model
FunAli
Hello! I started paid modelling this year, so not the most experienced on this, but for whats its worth; i think it would be worthwhile researching rates within your area, might be subject to change depending on where you live.
i only work up to implied nude, (No full frontals) and charge £50 for 2 1/2 hours shooting, plus travel which is usually fuel = plus £10 on ave; then £20 per hour
My ave; shoots have usually been 4 hours = £80 to £90 depending on distance for 4 hours work. I would say however, that if you were going to do full nude maybe this should have an impact on your rates?
hope this helps & good luck!

Posted 12 April 2012
fizzy
Model
fizzy
Actually, you're 5'8" and have a great glamour look. Why not approach some agencies? In London there's Girl Management and Samantha Bond, which are the major players although they're quite far away from you.

Unfortunately, most of the paid work on this site is nude. I'm not for a second saying you should up your levels but the demand for clothed models is quite low and you'll struggle to get a sustainable amount of work from this site and others like it. The standard rate for lingerie here is £15ph.

Posted 12 April 2012
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
soph2302

Thankyou for your replys, yes I see what you mean about the living in Paignton situation lol it does seem that all the messages I have had regarding paid work are in the London area some of which include travel cost but due to the amount of time it takes to get there it would just end up costing me and obviously I want to make money not spend it lol.I do have lots more images would it be worth upgrading and putting more images in here? I have got lots of messages asking for tf shoots do you think it would be worth doing a few of those before seeking paid work ? Thanks again Sophie

It is very easy for me as a photographer to suggest you do some TF shoots.  Any photographer who likes the style of images you have on here so far is going to jump at shooting you TF. You have the assets, without trying to appear rude.    The only thing I would advise is you choose very carefully who you shoot with, TF or even paid, as the results will be out there and there is no getting them off.  Look for photographers with a good track record, images you like and LOOK at references, if they are good and been at it long enough, they will have plenty of feedback for you to help make a decision. 

But I think it might do you good to do a few.  If your aim is to make money from shoots, you need to get a portfolio together that makes a photographer want to part with his or her money. Most payers do it for a hobby so want guaranteed results.  There are a few who will shoot TF and then try and get the images published, but you will need to travel.  One springs to mind who may well get you published quickly.  That may or may not involve some topless images.  For published glamour, I am afraid topless is pretty much a necessity.  Having said that, getting photographers to pay might require that too, that's why half of them pay, like it or not. 

Posted 12 April 2012
FunAli
Model
FunAli
fizzy
Why not approach some agencies?
This is a good idea! I have a local agent which is where half my work comes from. I keep bookings from the agency seperate from purestorm & monitor not only where the work comes from, but also repeat bookings i.e. studio days and art classes etc! PS- he charges more so that my rates can (at the very least) still be met after commission.
Posted 12 April 2012
Some one from girl management London contacted me the other day about a test shoot but again that's London also due to the fact that I have implants it would probably be a waisted journey as they said in message they only really work with natural girls, not sure about the other one tho? Yeah I found that alot willing to pay are for nude which I don't want to do, and would preferably prefer not to do topless at the moment. Yes I realise the situation of being careful with the photographers I use there some very dodgy togs on here lol

Posted 12 April 2012
soph2302

If travel costs and travel time puts you off then maybe just doing it as a hobby might be the better option. I rarely travel BUT I generally come down south a few times a year, when I'm away from home I mix up TF and paid bookings so I can add to my portfolio when I come home. The paid bookings generally cover my expenses. Travel lodge does great deals often - rooms from £12 per night. Also advance bookings on trains are a wicked way to save money. I got down to Wolverhampton a few years ago for £12 from Glasgow.. It cost me more to get to Glasgow than it did to travel half way down England. Look at where the work is - if thats London then try and arrange a week there to work with those who have asked. I went away with 2 other models last April on a little tour of the North of England - We split all the costs so overall I think we each paid about £100 into the pot and that covered hotels/petrol. So to cover my costs all I would have needed to do is take on a half day booking. If there is a demand for you then its worth travelling and putting the effort in. I'm lucky that my surroundings up here work well for the style of work I do, the majority of my shoots are location artistic nude so people travel to shoot me in that setting.

Quality TF shoots always benefit - models should always be working on getting better and improving their portfolios even when they are getting a steady income from paid work. If you are confident enough in your abilities then there is no harm in asking. Just remember even when being paid try to be a little selective or you will fall into the GWC market and be stuck with a not so great portfolio only attracting the one type of person - if money is your motivation then the above is ok but if you strive to help create beautiful images to be proud of then don't be afraid to say no.
Posted 12 April 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
soph2302
I do have lots more images would it be worth upgrading and putting more images in here? I have got lots of messages asking for tf shoots do you think it would be worth doing a few of those before seeking paid work ? Thanks again Sophie
Worth doing TF shoots - if the photographer is one you would be happy to pay if you could afford to! You don't need more shots, but try and make sure you have some showing your figure as clearly as possible plus a good head shot. I would drop the two-girl shots as they don't really help you much.
Posted 12 April 2012
Edited by mph 12 April 2012
para
Photographer
para
To answer your question on rates, for the moment no more than £15ph.If you have a look at the casting calls that will give you some idea of what is going on.Any more than £15ph,though I think you are worth it, would be unsastainable for any lenght of time 

It's a shame you didn't go for the test with Girl,you never know your luck,but understanable considering the travel expense and further travel expenses attending castings etc.

Posted 12 April 2012
ok thanks everyone, i also did a profile review on here and got some good feedback from that aswell have changed some of my images over hopefully that will look better now, when doing that i realised that i dont actually have any full length standing images so i am going to do some TF shoots and get some full length standing images on here. does anyone know how to veiw the comments on my photos? thanks

Posted 12 April 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join