very short hair- no work.

very short hair- no work.

14 posts
10 April 2012
Hey everyone, I have lopped all my hair off into a pixie style scop and gone blonde, even though it looks fine im worried that I am no longer giving off the stereotypical glamour model look and my work is suffering. I dont want to change my hair, I really like it, im just wondering if there is any other models out there with short hair that can give me any words of wisdom? Trying to upload a new pic but my phone wont let me.. Argh.

Posted 10 April 2012
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Would be interested to see the new look. Can you not upload a pic via your PC?

Posted 10 April 2012
Why go for the stereotypical glamour look?! Stand yourself apart from everyone else... Personally, I love short hair on a girl - I think it's brave and shows a willingness to take risks, which I like. But, as already noted, without seeing a picture it's hard to comment...

Posted 10 April 2012
I dont have a pc, I use my phone but its in for repair and my replacement wont allow me to upload pics. Gggrrrrr.

Posted 10 April 2012
RupertRudd
Photographer
RupertRudd
Just looked at your other pictures, huge change, so we need to see it. I'm guessing you will look great.

Posted 10 April 2012
Thank you Rupert, I originally had it shaved with a razor (for charity) but I have about 3 months worth of growth now so it looks fine. Will upload as soon as I can!

Posted 10 April 2012
GemH
Model
GemH
As I don't do glamour, I couldn't possibly comment on how it would affect a model in that part of the industry... Personally though, I would NEVER chop off that much of my hair - I refuse to go above my shoulders! I was offered a job on tv where they wanted to give me that really short crop Victoria Beckham had a few years back but I'd have lost more money in the long run than I'd have made from that job, not to mention having to fork out for extensions, as a lot of my work comes from having long hair therefore being more versatile... My guess is you'd be really limited, but as someone else said it's also an additional selling point as you'll be different from the rest! That's probably not much help, but wanted to chip in haha - I hope you get some more useful answers
Posted 10 April 2012
Haha, thanks Gem, as modelling isnt my number 1 career as I work full time aswell im not concerned with the money side of thing I just wanted peoples feedback on it. I guess its swings and roundabouts, some people only want long hair and a small majority will be wanting the more quirkier styles. Time will tell I suppose!
Posted 10 April 2012
Scottmorgan
Photographer
Scottmorgan
friendlymodel

Hey everyone, I have lopped all my hair off into a pixie style scop and gone blonde, even though it looks fine im worried that I am no longer giving off the stereotypical glamour model look and my work is suffering. I dont want to change my hair, I really like it, im just wondering if there is any other models out there with short hair that can give me any words of wisdom? Trying to upload a new pic but my phone wont let me.. Argh.

friendlymodel

Haha, thanks Gem, as modelling isnt my number 1 career as I work full time aswell im not concerned with the money side of thing I just wanted peoples feedback on it. I guess its swings and roundabouts, some people only want long hair and a small majority will be wanting the more quirkier styles. Time will tell I suppose!

Confused  

Posted 10 April 2012
brownnwhite
Photographer
brownnwhite
Its a subjective subject  - if I was looking for a shoulder length haired brunette then would not book you. If wanted cute blond then yes.

Main thing is to get the pics up here - phone/friend/tfp whatever.

From the images on your port, would not be put off.

Main thing is to be confident in what you wear on how you project it - be happy in who you are.
Posted 10 April 2012
@ scott, when I said work is suffering I meant im worried that the work will suffer as in amount of interest, not the money side of things. Thank you brown, I feel a bit more comfortable after the kind comments, think it might just be a case of learning what looks suit the hair etc! X
Posted 10 April 2012
Have a shoot saturday so will be sure to get pics on!

Posted 10 April 2012
I have short hair and it has never been a problem for me I do have a wig though as well.

Posted 10 April 2012
Don't happy, be worry Seriously though, if you like it *own it* ...the second you feel or show doubt is the second people will see and feel it. The dynamics will change but if bald barbies can exist then having a short haircut certainly won't stop you...if you can *own it*
Posted 10 April 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join