Best Bargains?

38 posts
7 April 2012
So, today I took delivery of my worn-once-but-in-perfect-nick Bordello shoes. Bought on eBay for £20. Current RRP of £65.99.

Previously I have managed to snag an iCandy pushchair with a RRP of £850 for £60 and a £140 balldress (purple one on portfolio) for £14.

What have you guys and gals managed to source that has made you happy? I love a good bargain!

Posted 7 April 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
I bought an ilevel 379 dagger off the AH for 50g, I assume the seller had meant 5000g but made a typo, and I sold it for 8000g. Still, not against the TOS.

Any mad smiles to anyone who gets that!

Posted 7 April 2012
Socialdisaster
I bought an ilevel 379 dagger off the AH for 50g, I assume the seller had meant 5000g but made a typo, and I sold it for 8000g. Still, not against the TOS. Any mad smiles to anyone who gets that!
Gunna guess at WOW?
Posted 7 April 2012
Buddygb
Photographer
Buddygb

Last year I got one of these: the Silver chair from Interstuhl (Alan Sugar sits on one in 'the Apprentice' and 'M' in the recent Bond movies if you're trying to place it).

I paid less than £400 for mine when the list price is £2,600+.

That did make me smile

Posted 7 April 2012
just bought a antique cabinet today with a potential profit of 300-400 quid on it . Just trying to get in to the antiques trade, think its a pretty good start
Posted 7 April 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
JennyWren
Gunna guess at WOW?
I knew you'd get it :P You are still wandering round stormwind, btw.
Posted 7 April 2012
My Asos leather trousers 

Reduced from £120 to £40 real leather smiley

Also my dress from Next reduced from £78 I think to £22

Posted 7 April 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
I got my £400 Sony tablet for £252 with a discount code from Sony

Posted 7 April 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..

Fancied one of these for ages, £1700, purrs like a kitten.
Posted 8 April 2012
Edited by profilepictures 7 April 2012
Scottmorgan
Photographer
Scottmorgan
 I sold my soul to the devil once for a £1
Posted 8 April 2012
Scottmorgan
Photographer
Scottmorgan
 I sold my soul to the devil once for a £1
Posted 8 April 2012
N_A_Photography
Photographer
N_A_Photogra..
Purchased a river island bag costing £50 2 pairs of leggings £40 and a top costing £25 with a grade total of £25 and it wasn't in the sale and all from a highstreet shop
Posted 8 April 2012
thestarglider
Photographer
thestarglide..
Hmmm, let's see. I am a retro gaming freak myself, a gamer since the late 70s. Managed to pick up the following: Sony Playstation 2 boxed - 50p Sega Megadrive boxed with 10 games - £5 Matching TV stand for my old TV - 1p All of these above were from a shop, with full guarantee Other items, more photography related: Size 10 leather jacket for models to wear - £5 Wireless flash transmitter/receiver - £5 (Works a bloomin' treat) Hoya circular polarising filter - £3 Always in search of a bargain!
Posted 8 April 2012
Spike
Photographer
Spike
Two Sea & Sea YS90 underwater flashguns rescued from the rubbish on the livaboard I was on last year after a japanese photographer was chucking them because they were dead. When I got home I tested them & they worked perfectly. Cost when new £600 each
Posted 8 April 2012
Crikey - some seriously good bargains to be had then!

SocialDisaster - I'm going to have to start playing WOW now, just so I can reclaim my name! Haven't played it to date for fear of becoming ridiculously addicted!

Posted 8 April 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join