Baby Photos are they allowed on this site ?

Baby Photos are they allowed on this site ?

It seems this conversation has now been locked
16 posts
31 March 2012
RocketMan
Photographer
RocketMan
Dear All

I have not seen a sign to say over 18 , or minors not allowed.

The reason , as I have completed a few photos of a baby and am rather pleased with them .  The family have been pleased  with a few I already sent on and would like to share a few on here.Though it seems unless the model is over 18 the images have no merit., or interest.
Just needing clarification 

Kind regards

Paul 
Posted 31 March 2012
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Why - is this facebook or something?
This site is primarily for discussing model-shoots - for the same reason you'll not find me posting my weddings, portraits, sports, news or landscape work here...
Posted 31 March 2012
Edited by arkady001 31 March 2012
roynesbitt1973
Photographer
roynesbitt1973
I have got a baby photo on my portfolio and as of yet i havent had any notification to ask me to remove it.

Posted 31 March 2012
RocketMan
Photographer
RocketMan
Dear Rob Knight . I have asked a question . your attitude is not required.
I do not have an account with Facebook or anything else .

I believe this site is for camera owners and models . I own a camera , the baby was asked to be photographed by the parents with a view to offering them to a Model agency . .

Posted 31 March 2012
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
This is an 18 plus site, so photos of babies or young children are not a good idea.

Posted 31 March 2012
RocketMan
Photographer
RocketMan
We provide free portfolio hosting for the modeling and photographic industry

is the title when opening this site.

I don't see before entering or logging in the requirement to be over the age of 18.

Without falling out with anyone here , can some say if I can post a couple of images of a baby with the parents
permission .Fashion and typical baby images.

Posted 31 March 2012
Gerry99111
Photographer
Gerry99111
You will get loads of opinions here but only the moderators can advise. If you are asking the parents permission, you better direct them to your portfolio page to make sure they are also happy with the context their baby will be shown in

Posted 31 March 2012
RocketMan
Photographer
RocketMan
I have sent a request to the moderators to answer my enquiry, or post.
The mother has yet to be supplied with the images though I have sent a couple of small J-pegs which has received a
positive response .

Posted 31 March 2012
gerryquiff
Photographer
gerryquiff
Yeah, post them all over your portfolio in with the semi nude and nude images you have there... just remember and tell the mother that's where you're posting them
Posted 31 March 2012
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
RocketMan

Dear Rob Knight . I have asked a question . your attitude is not required. I do not have an account with Facebook or anything else . I believe this site is for camera owners and models . I own a camera , the baby was asked to be photographed by the parents with a view to offering them to a Model agency . .

Telling you something you didn't want to hear isn't 'attitude' - it's just not what you wanted to hear...

Put what you like in your portfolio - it's your portfolio, but as others have said, I'm sure the parents will be delighted. Take the images to an agency by all means, but an internet model-forum isn't that place.
Posted 31 March 2012
RocketMan
Photographer
RocketMan
Hello Gerry Quiff

Interesting point about page content . Wedding don't hold any interest with me , yet I often wonder how to square the circle with Glamour , adult photographer and weekend wedding chaps . ~One moment with the bride and groom and future in-laws, the next in the studio with a topless model. Puts fuel in the car and pays the bills .
not for me

I might leave you to contact the mother as you have the right.

Posted 31 March 2012
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
RocketMan

Hello Gerry Quiff Interesting point about page content . Wedding don't hold any interest with me , yet I often wonder how to square the circle with Glamour , adult photographer and weekend wedding chaps . ~One moment with the bride and groom and future in-laws, the next in the studio with a topless model. Puts fuel in the car and pays the bills . not for me I might leave you to contact the mother as you have the right.

Best way around that if you're concerned, is to use seperate web-sites: one for weddings and social photography and another for glamour work - there's still a segment of the british population that equates nudity with "dirt & smut" - but that says more about us than the photography, I'm afraid...

Not the case in Germany where even High-Street photographers cheerfully display boudoir and topless images in the windows right alongside weddings, baby and family photos...
Posted 31 March 2012
RocketMan
Photographer
RocketMan
Well it could be seen perhaps that this is the feedback I getting from folks who are saying this is not the place for an image of a baby .

Seems the Germans have an open mind and a broader sense in the era we are all living.Even though I said about wedding camera guys .

Posted 31 March 2012
mpp_visions
Photographer
mpp_visions
This was posted by a moderator on 9th January 2009 in the Photographers-Photography Chat forum:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model-Related Images Only

Recently we had a photographer who did not appreciate that Purestorm is primarily a Model and Model Photographer (plus MUA) portfolio hosting site join as a Premium Member. As a result of not realising that this is not a general photography website, he placed at least one non-modelling image in just about every portfolio folder category.

This meant that the Home Page image gallery slideshow consisted almost entirely of images with no link whatsoever to models or modelling. This in turn prompted copycat behaviour from a small number of other Premium members who presumably decided that they now wanted to display non-model work on the Home Page.

To combat this, as Purestorm does not use plug-in software, Matt has had to write a fair bit of new code to try highlight that we only want model-related images on the site. This is why the image upload drawdown menu now has the word model in most fields. It looks a bit clumsy, but even though the following is spelt out at the top of the page some are still ignoring :- Add your modelling or model-related images here

Further wording changes are being introduced as and when time allows, as there is always somebody who is prepared to nit-pick in order to bend the rules, but other critical behind-the-scenes work and feature upgrades are taking priority.

Please note that if Moderators delete non-modelling images, or delete images which have had their nudity rating toggled incorrectly to get them on the front page, we will not be wasting time sending out e-mails to explain why they have vanished into a cyberspace black hole.

We appreciate that from time to time members may wish to temporarily upload the odd non-model image to their profile, for example to illustrate some point in the forums, in which case we ask them to set the Image Rating to something other than Does Not Contain Nudity so that it does not pop up in what is intended to be a showcase gallery of the 'office friendly' model-related images of Premium members.

Thanking you in advance for your cooperation.

The Purestorm Team

Posted 31 March 2012
arkady001
Photographer
arkady001
Think that about covers it: wasn't trying to be nasty Rocketman - I appreciate the nuances of tone and syntax can sometimes be lost in inter-web discussions, but there's really no need to be quite so abruptly defensive when you don't hear the wanted-for responses...
Posted 31 March 2012
It seems this conversation has now been locked