Nothing to do with modelling but I'm pretty pleased with it. :D

Nothing to do with modelling but I'm pretty pleased with it. :D

10 posts
30 March 2012
I just got 30/30 for my second piece of A2 English coursework. (Which is all about how Watership Down is really about Soviet dictatorships. Also, Antoine Saint-Exupery doesn't like bankers.) It's still to be moderated so the mark could technically go down, but I'm still proud of myself.
Posted 30 March 2012
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Tansy_Blue

I just got 30/30 for my second piece of A2 English coursework. (Which is all about how Watership Down is really about Soviet dictatorships. Also, Antoine Saint-Exupery doesn't like bankers.) It's still to be moderated so the mark could technically go down, but I'm still proud of myself.

Superb!

"how Watership Down is really about Soviet dictatorships" - I can see what you mean in allegorical terms - But did Richard Adams ever allude to that directly?
Posted 30 March 2012
Iconic
Photographer
Iconic
well done cheeky
Posted 30 March 2012
jivago
Superb! "how Watership Down is really about Soviet dictatorships" - I can see what you mean in allegorical terms - But did Richard Adams ever allude to that directly?
He says it's just pretty stories for children, but no one told AQA that. Watership Down (as I now know) is based on stories that Adams used to tell his children on long drives to the countryside. As he served in the army in WWII and studied modern history at Oxford, and as the Efrafan warren is creepily similar to Soviet Russia in some ways (authoritarianism; atmosphere of fear; brutal punishments; housing shortage), it seems likely that his knowledge of the Soviet regime influenced Watership Down at least subconsciously. (I argued for Soviet Russia instead of Nazi Germany because there isn't a eugenic ideology in Efrafa.) /geeky geek geek
Posted 31 March 2012
jivago
Photographer
jivago
Tansy_Blue

He says it's just pretty stories for children, but no one told AQA that. Watership Down (as I now know) is based on stories that Adams used to tell his children on long drives to the countryside. As he served in the army in WWII and studied modern history at Oxford, and as the Efrafan warren is creepily similar to Soviet Russia in some ways (authoritarianism; atmosphere of fear; brutal punishments; housing shortage), it seems likely that his knowledge of the Soviet regime influenced Watership Down at least subconsciously. (I argued for Soviet Russia instead of Nazi Germany because there isn't a eugenic ideology in Efrafa.) /geeky geek geek

Interesting! - I read it when I was 8 and at that time took it straight on - But I can see what you mean! ('Mrs Frisby and the Rats of Nimh' is  definitely a Children's book - But also with far more in there - Good read for the train):-

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mrs._Frisby_and_the_Rats_of_NIMH
Posted 31 March 2012
Edited by jivago 30 March 2012
laylarc
Model
laylarc
That sounds wicked Miss B, well done!

Posted 31 March 2012
KevinJS
Photographer
KevinJS
Well Done Miss B

Also, Antoine Saint-Exupery doesn't like bankers. Thats his pilots license revoked then

Posted 31 March 2012
Well done Tansy
Posted 31 March 2012
Thank yoooou.
Posted 1 April 2012
w4pictures
Photographer
w4pictures
That's the glory of English lit. Its all about interpretation and your own imagination and how you express your own reading. And that's a stellar mark!

Congratulations.

Posted 1 April 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join