Its OK I will delete it if you dont like it...

Its OK I will delete it if you dont like it...

71 posts
28 March 2012
Plymjack
Photographer
Plymjack
Just a quick note to say please add "its OK I will delete it if you dont like it" to your list of10 great lies.

You can delete all the pictures on a memory card or hard drive and I can get them back - easy.  There is plenty of software out there to do this so please dont fall for that one.

Its a big giant porkie....

Posted 28 March 2012
Edited by Plymjack 28 March 2012
wat.

Posted 28 March 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
beauvoir

wat.

He's trying to say that when a photographer says he's deleting a photo on a memory card - he's lying
Posted 28 March 2012
ClixPhotography
Photographer
ClixPhotogra..
but then why take it in the first place???
Posted 28 March 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
ClixPhotography

but then why take it in the first place???

Potential nip-slip images (or worse) that the model doesn't want shown to the world.

Hence she thinks the photographer is being a 'gent' by deleting them.
Posted 28 March 2012
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Must be a bit desperate if recovering files from a big hard drive !.

If the image is deleted from the memory card or the hard drive then it is possible that the file will be overwritten. If a memory card is filled up then it will have been overwritten.

OP - what you are saying is correct, to a degree, there are exceptions.

Posted 28 March 2012
corbystock
Photographer
corbystock
Or you could assume the photographer will keep to his/her word.

Posted 28 March 2012
mattharper
Photographer
mattharper
and I thought all photographers renamed their wank-bank as Recycle Bin

Posted 28 March 2012
Dave Wainwright
Photographer
Dave Wainwri..
Photoimager

Must be a bit desperate if recovering files from a big hard drive !. If the image is deleted from the memory card or the hard drive then it is possible that the file will be overwritten. If a memory card is filled up then it will have been overwritten. OP - what you are saying is correct, to a degree, there are exceptions.

You can have a card that is years old and put it through image recovery softwear and it will bring up shot you have taken from 10 years ago!
Even if the card has been full and formated countless time......
Posted 28 March 2012
cant tar every photographer with the same brush though!
Posted 28 March 2012
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
Dave Wainwright
You can have a card that is years old and put it through image recovery softwear and it will bring up shot you have taken from 10 years ago! Even if the card has been full and formated countless time......

Formatting will not matter. What matters is if where the file was stored has been overwritten. If it has and the old data has been overwritten, how can you get the overwritten file back ? The data has been destroyed.

Posted 28 March 2012
Photoimager
Photographer
Photoimager
candymayfalls
cant tar every photographer with the same brush though!

'Like'

Posted 28 March 2012
Buddygb
Photographer
Buddygb
I always let models delete images they are unhappy with due to 'wardrobe malfunctions' and the like. I'm aware the act of deleting them doesn't render them irretrievable if someone has the right equipment. However, I'm a man of my word and deleted means deleted in as much as the images are withdrawn from the folder and not used or knowingly archived.

As there is, on my part, no intent to deceive I consider myself a gentleman, not a liar and I firmly beleive the people I work with will vouch for that.

Posted 28 March 2012
jes
Model
jes
Buddygb

I always let models delete images they are unhappy with due to 'wardrobe malfunctions' and the like. I'm aware the act of deleting them doesn't render them irretrievable if someone has the right equipment. However, I'm a man of my word and deleted means deleted in as much as the images are withdrawn from the folder and not used or knowingly archived. As there is, on my part, no intent to deceive I consider myself a gentleman, not a liar and I firmly beleive the people I work with will vouch for that.

....and obviously not a desperate saddo!
Posted 28 March 2012
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Photoimager
Formatting will not matter. What matters is if where the file was stored has been overwritten. If it has and the old data has been overwritten, how can you get the overwritten file back ? The data has been destroyed.
Very difficult to fully "delete" a file most good recovery software will usualy find somthing, all deleting does is make it difficult to find, Think of it as cutting connection to it, Sometimes likened to cutting a bridge down, recovery software just rebuilds that bridge.
Posted 28 March 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join