pics but no work!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

pics but no work!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

It seems this conversation has now been locked
21 posts
23 March 2012
hotmum
Model
hotmum
I have had afew people asking me for more pics which i have emailed them, they have been emailing me for days sorting out what we will be doing ect, then all of a sudden they stop emailing me, and they have all those pics of me, when i email them back i dont hear from them!!!!! i need some work, what can i do?

Posted 23 March 2012
Hobbeldehoy
Photographer
Hobbeldehoy
they can't use those photos without a model release form and id's so they can't be published. obviously you should only send two or three photos as samples at the most.
Posted 23 March 2012
mph
Photographer
mph
It is almost certainly called "being taken for a mug" by guys who want more pictures for their "personal collections"

I guess they were not head shots?

Posted 23 March 2012
Socialdisaster
Photographer
Socialdisast..
There are few reasons to email photos to anyone prior to a shoot. The only time I've ever asked for it was to show me a tattoo or to show me new hair, things not represented on a port sometimes.

Posted 23 March 2012
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Ok, its pretty normal for photographers to request pictures, but the normal request would be for casting pictures, these would be decent, clear headshots and nude pictures which clearly show your figure, ie standing or kneeling, not open - leg or explicit.

Even for adult work, there is no need for explicit images, ie open-leg etc and you should never send those other than if you are casting for particular niche adult work, like "hairy", large labia etc. For general nude or adult work nude is the max you need to send, anyone who requests more than this is a picture collector and is unlikely to book you...you have already given him what he wants, free of charge..
Posted 23 March 2012
kirkschwarz
Photographer
kirkschwarz
Hobbeldehoy

they can't use those photos without a model release form and id's so they can't be published. obviously you should only send two or three photos as samples at the most.

I'm sure there is only one kind of release required for the purposes they are using the shots... And it ain't model!

Maybe set yourself up somewhere on the Internet where you can upload your pictures and then when they ask to see more you can send them a link instead of files?
Posted 23 March 2012
Edited by ForumModerator 23 March 2012
PeterH
Photographer
PeterH
IainT

Ok, its pretty normal for photographers to request pictures, but the normal request would be for casting pictures, these would be decent, clear headshots and nude pictures which clearly show your figure, ie standing or kneeling, not open - leg or explicit.

Even for adult work, there is no need for explicit images, ie open-leg etc and you should never send those other than if you are casting for particular niche adult work, like "hairy", large labia etc. For general nude or adult work nude is the max you need to send, anyone who requests more than this is a picture collector and is unlikely to book you...you have already given him what he wants, free of charge..

^^^This.
Posted 23 March 2012
IainT
Photographer
IainT
Hobbeldehoy

Absolutely not true and a common myth. I've had sets of mine pirated and published in magazines as well as the internet. In fact I've had stuff illegally published by well know publishers, the S***t group for instance. Also, the copyright holder can quite legally publish the images anywhere they want without ID and release. ID and release is required if you want to comply with reg 2257, but if you are happy to steal content or post free pics on the internet, its unlikely that falling foul of 2257 is going to deter you. 
Posted 23 March 2012
Edited by IainT 23 March 2012
Hobbeldehoy

Samples makes it sound dreadful.. try before you buy? 
Example is a much better phrase.

Who is the person asking for the images? where did they get your contact details? are they a photographer? have you seen their work? - got any references?

All of the above are questions I would ask before sending anyone ANYTHING over the internet, anyone can be whoever they want especially via e-mail. The amount of e-mails I've had from vogue type professionals asking for images is unreal. Never be quick to send away images to anyone. If someone e-mails me asking for an image of something not on my portfolio here I will link them elsewhere on line. The reality is though everything I do I'm happy to show off to folks so have displayed them on one of my own galleries - that includes "casting" type shots. Be careful and if they ask to see you on webcam no matter who they say they are tell them to f$£k off!
Posted 23 March 2012
hotmum
Model
hotmum
they are from here and yes they sent me some sample pics of other girls, and i looked on there profile on here, but when it comes to sorting a date out they disappear and dont get in touch again?

Posted 23 March 2012
hotmum

they are from here and yes they sent me some sample pics of other girls, and i looked on there profile on here, but when it comes to sorting a date out they disappear and dont get in touch again?

Sometimes people waste time, they fuss around wanting pictures of this/that and everything else. I have noticed some would rather be friends and talk to you than actually sort out a date, they are doing nothing more than waste your time. If someone asks for a casting shot (from purestorm) then email it to them. Nothing more and nothing less, if many of them are asking for more and more then maybe you should put some more example images on your profile so people can see clearly what you look like and what your figure is like that way you will get less of the requests and when you do you just tell them to look at your profile.

I have never been asked for more images on purestorm, or any other modelling website. Only ever by chances on my email who don't seem to have a portfolio online for me to view.

Cx
Posted 23 March 2012
just a surgestion but have you though about maybe doing tfp/cd shoot and building up a decent/professional portfolio you current one does you no favours (over exposed images and images that look like there from a disposable camera), a decent to good portfolio will reduce the likely hood of a photographer asking to see images as they will be able to get a good idea of what there booking in advance this will also help you gain feedback (i have never had to send example photos)

you could do 2 - 3 tfp shoots with good photographers and this will also increase your chance of work, you also may want to compare your prices to other similar models to check your asking an appropriate amount

hope that helps

Ratisha

Posted 23 March 2012
skymouse
Photographer
skymouse
hotmum

I have had afew people asking me for more pics which i have emailed them, they have been emailing me for days sorting out what we will be doing ect, then all of a sudden they stop emailing me, and they have all those pics of me, when i email them back i dont hear from them!!!!! i need some work, what can i do?

Could be several things.

Some of these people might simply be timewasters. That is to say, either they are too disorganised and vague-minded to go ahead with something, or else they get a kick out of getting people "at it", making models send stuff, watching people make an effort, for their amusement.

It may be (as others have suggested) that some are just using it as way to trick you into sending them pics for their "private consumption". Or maybe the thrill is not just the picture itself, but the fact that they got it from you, i.e. in their twisted mind it's a trophy.

Maybe the pictures you're sending them don't show what the photographer needs to see to make a decision. I sometimes ask the model for more pics. Occasionally this is to get a better idea of her body shape, but more often than not it's because I need to see a variety of facial expressions so I get some idea of the model's ability to convey an emotion and scenario.  Sometimes the model just doesn't have anything that shows what she's capable of, and then maybe I'll give up. No doubt many models who could have done the job brilliantly have failed to get the job because of this. (This is just an example - I don't know whether the photographers in this case wanted face pics, or pics to demonstrate your body shape, or whatever else.)

Finally, unfortunately sometimes you might send photos and they don't find you suitable, and some might not have the good manners to tell you politely.
Posted 23 March 2012
Edited by skymouse 23 March 2012
Glossypinklipstick
Photographer
Glossypinkli..
Hi there. Everything that has been said is perfectly valid from the request to send images point of view,but i think the reason you have no work paid or otherwise is your "CV" needs tweaking.Are your images flattering an showing you off to your best, i would say not.
You have some average images on your portfolio including one displayed side ways.
You do several levels none of which is represented on your folio. Strikes me that If you put a picture on here representing the levels, then there would'nt be a need to send images.
In my opinion if it was me i would:
Change your name from "hot mum" as it may give the wrong impression, maybe just use your name or a better alias(Email the mods and they will alter it).
Get some timefor images to start you off with a photographer whos images you like.
Once you have a few decent shots it shouldn't be a problem and there are a lot of really good amateurs willing to help.
If you have only 6 images as a non premium member i would suggest a headshot, a full length fashion type shot, a lingerie/figure shot, maybe a tasteful nude shot, a close up shot maybe even no makeup, and one other.
Then see what happens.
Maybe even put up a casting of your own or email photographers asking for their help.
Also expand you information section, mine rightly or wrongly is war and peace, but it works for me, but yours doesnt have to be. It could however do with more information but choose carefully.Don't put likes drinking and horseriding as this is not normally relevant unless you specifically want shoots involving either. Look at other models and what they say then find your style of saying it.
(the drinking one would be heavily oversubscribed anyway).
Thats my tuppence worth...

Posted 24 March 2012
Edited by Glossypinklipstick 24 March 2012
ChrisY
Photographer
ChrisY
mph

It is almost certainly called "being taken for a mug" by guys who want more pictures for their "personal collections" I guess they were not head shots?

Not in all cases there.. There have been a few times at the initial stages of arranging a shoot, some of the model's content dates back years with a lack of what they may actually look like currently. In some cases a mis representation hence the need to update profiles. For me, a note of "now i have brown hair" doesnt really tell me much.

I have a few times asked for a current image before making a decission. But agree that this could be open to misinterpreation also.

If a model isnt comfortable sending images out, all it takes is a few moments to update their profile.
Posted 24 March 2012
It seems this conversation has now been locked