Photographic skin ?

6 posts
22 March 2012
FunAli
Model
FunAli
Hello all.... just wanted to get feedback from some models (& photographers come to that) I'm new to modeling & having completed several shoots recently i've been asked more than once if i have something to make my body 'glissen' So here's my question.... has anyone used such a product? Can anyone guide me as to what the best product might be? i realise that it's not required for every sitution, i.e. - i just completed a shoot for an art exhibition the images for which will be B&W, no make up, slicked back hair... a very natural approach. By contrast, last weekend i had a great shoot to launch a new drag car, and felt that with this kind of shoot maybe i could have done more! I saw some images on camera where they had wet my skin, and i have to admit..... it looked pretty good....
Posted 22 March 2012
Henry_Artist
Photographer
Henry_Artist
There are a few things you could try depending on the level of sheen required*. Over the years I have used (going from least to most shiny) -
glycerine
corn oil
baby oil

All of these can be quite messy to use and it helps if there is a shower nearby for the model to wash the stuff off as soon as the shots have been obtained. Hope this helps.

* Your mileage may vary.
Posted 22 March 2012
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
There is also makeup that contains 'sparklies'. I suggest asking an MUA.

Corn oil works best (IMHO) baby oil smells. Not unpleasant but may get you some odd looks on the bus home!

Posted 22 March 2012
bryonyphotography
Photographer
bryonyphotog..
Elle macpherson body shimmer. Its tinted slightly brown and has gold shimmer in it. its brilliant!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ELLE-MACPHERSON-BODY-GLOW-Dry-Oil-Shimmer-Spray-150ml-/280783123128

Posted 22 March 2012
jes
Model
jes
There are lots of moisturising products with sparkle in.  Oil can be messy but I find vaseline better as it's not over the top ...or quite as dangerous!!
Posted 22 March 2012
FunAli
Model
FunAli
Thank you guys, I'll try some of these. i have tried a Glimmer cover before, was asked to lay on a white (Clean) floor, when i got up there was my outline left on the floor LOL.

Thank you for your time

Ali X

Posted 23 March 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join