Yummy mummy corner!

71 posts
13 March 2012
Tibby
Model
Tibby
Hi girls, I'm tibby - mum to a six month old bump!
I have had a good pregnancy so far and no complaints.
I have also had a few shoots recently now I have a nice round tummy! Just waiting for pictures.
I've really enjoyed being a maternity model and ave also been accepted by an agency so fingers crossed.
I am hoping to continue modeling as a mummy! But obviously it depends how I feel and how quickly (if) I can get my figure back.

So how many of you are yummy mummies and do you continue to model? X

Posted 13 March 2012
Sorry I know it's off topic - but congrats Tibby - really happy for you x
Posted 14 March 2012
pmeswani
Photographer
pmeswani
Congratulations from me too.

Posted 14 March 2012
Tibby
Model
Tibby
Thankyou!!!

Doesnt seem to be any mummies on here!!
xx

Posted 14 March 2012
bellafotographia
Photographer
bellafotogra..
Congratulations from me too - but the eponymous expression just makes me cringe for some reason
Posted 14 March 2012
Hello tibby I'm a mummy to a beautiful 4 year old......my advice to u is not to take advice from people around you wen u become pregnant they often try to give u advice of how to bring ur child up and I'm pretty sure children don't cum with manuals so how would they know best???? You just do what u feel best with ur child and am sure u will make a great mum
Posted 14 March 2012
starr8
Model
starr8
Hi there,
I am a mum to three kids. I keep mysel fit by picking up washing, juggling shopping bags and doing the housework.
Just enjoy the whole experience and keep smiling..
Congratulations as well...

Helen.

Posted 14 March 2012
Congratulations Tibby. I am a mum of 8 ,I have been on this site for years but don't call myself a model. I am signed to a fitness model agency . There is no reason you shouldn't keep modeling and get back in shape quickly if you keep fit during pregnancy. There is no law that you should get fat when pregnant and exercise is good for mother and baby. All the best.

Posted 14 March 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
Tibby

Doesnt seem to be any mummies on here!! xx

This one's still active, though the bump has gone and is now at playschool three afternoons a week.

Indeed I shot mummy just the day before yesterday after dropping the little one off at school.

Model: Ramilla

Bob
Posted 14 March 2012
Congratulations!

I am a mammy too, my little girl will be 3 at the end of this month, don't know where the time has gone!

Don't listen to people when they say your body will never be the same again etc etc, it's not true!

All the best xxx

Posted 14 March 2012
Tibby
Model
Tibby
Wow you ladies are ALL amazing!!
You all look fab too. I am feeling much more confident now!!

Posted 14 March 2012
Hi Tibby,

I've started modelling late in life after having four children.

My only tip for you is to moisturise like crazy to help avoid stretch marks. Try Bio Oil. If I had my time over that's what I'd do.

Congratulations xx

Posted 14 March 2012
Purple_Girl
Photographer
Purple_Girl
Amy_wesencraft

Don't listen to people when they say your body will never be the same again etc etc, it's not true!

I agree that while many women struggle to get their figure back after pregnancy, plenty of them naturally slip back to their normal shape. I shot a hobbyist model from here last year who has two young children but still has a great figure and makes time to indulge in shoots every now and then:

Even if you don't quite get the figure back that you had pre-bump, that's Ok! I've shot several girls who've had children, with some it's noticeable and with some you'd never tell; either way, they all still took lovely pictures. Pregnancy body changes shouldn't be looked at as a ruination of something better; they're simply different.

Congrats on the bump by the way!
Posted 14 March 2012
jes
Model
jes
Shelltreeve ...mum of 3!

Posted 14 March 2012
yep im a mummy to a nearly 6 year old boy(6 tomorrow)i started modelling AFTER i had my son just 10 or 11 weeks after i had him i did my first portfolio shoot, i was one of the lucky ones to zip straight back to a size 10 literally left the hospital 12 hours after givin birth in size 10 jeans and escaped the stretch marks. I toned up in no time and took up pole dancing which worked wonders, some women can just naturally get back to their original size and some have to work at it, either way if u want it bad enough ull find the motivation to make it happen

Posted 14 March 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join