Teeth whitening!

27 posts
12 March 2012
What are everyones methods for whitening teeth? (If any) Has anyone had them done professionally? Looking to try least expensive options first before thinking about getting them done professionally. (I've tried pearl drops and didnt rate it) Share your experiences/products please!
Posted 13 March 2012
Nel05
Model
Nel05
I can honestly say my teeth are pretty white, I've never used any professional products as I don't like the idea of putting bleach on my teeth. My advice is just simple, brush twice daily with a gentle whitening toothpaste, floss a couple of times a week (very important), avoid a lot of coffee as this stains the teeth and don't smoke (easier said than done)
Posted 13 March 2012
Keith1
Photographer
Keith1
Nel05

I can honestly say my teeth are pretty white, I've never used any professional products as I don't like the idea of putting bleach on my teeth. My advice is just simple, brush twice daily with a gentle whitening toothpaste, floss a couple of times a week (very important), avoid a lot of coffee as this stains the teeth and don't smoke (easier said than done)

Yes thats the best advice. You can bet that at sometime in the future teeth whitening products will be deemed to be unsafe.
This kind of stuff is made just to make someone rich, regardless of the effects it may have on the users.

Posted 13 March 2012
lashestolockes
Make Up Artist
lashestolock..
Keith1

Yes thats the best advice. You can bet that at sometime in the future teeth whitening products will be deemed to be unsafe.
This kind of stuff is made just to make someone rich, regardless of the effects it may have on the users.

Recently my daughter had hers done by a lovely lady that comes to your home. For around £120 my daughter lightened her teeth by 7 shades in an hour or so and the product that she used was completely natural. No burning or stinging, you can even swallow the stuff which she did by mistake and there were no affects. I will be getting mine done soon and thought i never would. i will get her details and pass them on if anyone wants them just message me
Posted 13 March 2012
JLloyd
Model
JLloyd
lashestolockes
Recently my daughter had hers done by a lovely lady that comes to your home. For around £120 my daughter lightened her teeth by 7 shades in an hour or so and the product that she used was completely natural. No burning or stinging, you can even swallow the stuff which she did by mistake and there were no affects. I will be getting mine done soon and thought i never would. i will get her details and pass them on if anyone wants them just message me
I'd be interested in her details.
Posted 13 March 2012
lisap
Model
lisap
and me please.
Posted 19 March 2012
my mates a dentist. She says pro whitening is the only safe way to do a dramatic change but you should have a full dental check before going ahead as whitening can leave teeth feeling sensitive to hot and cold drinks etc after its done and isnt suitable for those whose teeth are already a bit sensitive or anyone with the beginnings of gum disease/periodontal problems. its fine to go up a few shades but not too many.

Posted 19 March 2012
Tried it once , professionally done at the dentist, really didn't like it as it left my already sensitive teeth aching for days. I wouldn't recommend it to anybody who has sensitive teeth or mouth.

Posted 19 March 2012
I swear by Eucryl Toothpowder, 99p from home bargains! I only use it twice a week as they go soooo white! xx

Posted 19 March 2012
Strober
Photographer
Strober
Use "Crest Strips" as they 100% work!! But be warned they are "expensive", you get them from 2 hour express onwards.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91XU9GftmBE

Posted 20 March 2012
Edited by Strober 20 March 2012
ClaireShipman
Make Up Artist
ClaireShipma..
Strober

Use "Crest Strips" as they 100% work!! But be warned they are "expensive", you get them from 2 hour express onwards. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91XU9GftmBE

I've just ordered these my friend reccommended them shes spent £500 on bleaching at the dentisit and she says the effects dont last as long as these. I shall let you know how I get on.
Posted 21 March 2012
Linpics
Photographer
Linpics
I’ve had laser teeth whitening done twice now on my teeth, very impressed with the results however your teeth will always return to their natural colour (whatever that shade of white is) no matter how often you get them whitened. They were a little sensitive for 48hrs after however the appropriate toothpaste sorted that out. The second treatment was around 15 months after the first one.
Posted 21 March 2012
Edited by Linpics 21 March 2012
I had them done 3 times proffessionally it hurts! makes your teeth sensitive. Ive tried different ways and found Laser is the best way! I have veneers now in Hollywood white and would recommend them! best thing i ever did although thousands more expensive . I know some beauty salons who offer made to measure trays and strong bleach for around £120 the same as dentists offer for £400-£600, they work well. Hope this helps x
Posted 29 March 2012
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Neonpink

What are everyones methods for whitening teeth?  

Steradent.
Posted 29 March 2012
My teeth are pretty much white already but wanted that 'simon cowell bling' lol so I've tried brushing my teeth with a pasty of baking soda and lemon juice. It didn't really help me to get an extra whiteness ( I couldn't be bothered to continue with it to be honest) but I know girls who've done that for years (5+ years) and their teeth are amazing ! it doesnt damage your teeth of you keep it to once a week and not more than that. And as I said it doesn't happen overnight, it works gradually so if you've got the patience for it you could give it a go P.S. there are lots of youtube clips about this online
Posted 26 April 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join