WANT TO LIVE A LONG TIME?

WANT TO LIVE A LONG TIME?

43 posts
11 March 2012
Saw this on this intiguing list on the web...

Exercise first thing in the morning. This will wake you up fully.
Keep a mini notebook and pen with you at all times. Jot down brilliant ideas when they arrive.
If you drink tea and coffee, replace them with something else. Coffee yellows your teeth. Black tea is full of fluoride.
Take a Multivitamin, Korean Ginseng, Gingko Bilboa and Omega Oil to improve energy levels & brain power.
Use bright eye drops before you go out to a nightclub to give yourself beautiful eyes.
Exercise your voice daily. For example say affirmations or practice core sounds.
When you speak, push your abs out before you begin to speak.
Grow plants in your windows. They are attractive, increase oxygen and improve wellbeing.
Dedicate 15 minutes to cleaning your mansion every day. It is the only way to keep it pristine.
Smile lightly. Smile More. Even if it is forced it will improve your mood after a few minutes.
"the news is condensed negativity" - Jim Carrey. Avoid it. It is not relevant to you personally.
If you have fluorinated water, drink bottled water as fluoride is bad for your skin & brain.
If you have a goal or ambition, avoid telling others. Most people will not encourage you.
Do either a cantering exercise or meditation every day.
Discover your Chakra's, Energy Healing, Spirituality and outdoor pleasures.

...I wish I HAD a mansion...

What would YOU add to the list?
Posted 11 March 2012
Bob
Photographer
Bob
SuzyMonty

What would YOU add to the list?

Never drink poor French wine.
Bob
Posted 11 March 2012
orsoncarter
Photographer
orsoncarter
Use proper butcher's sausages - not  supermarket sausages - for your sausage sandwiches.

Posted 11 March 2012
photoclassic
Photographer
photoclassic
Lie about your age
Posted 11 March 2012
Edited by photoclassic 11 March 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictures
Take music, live ideally, or if not recorded, in huge quantities. The most accessible of the arts, most deployable to your mood.

Get out more, go find live events, and then attend them. Don't let entertainment belong to 'other people' and the internet.

Comedy clubs, go to these, when they're good, they're very very good, when they're bad its often funnier still.

Spoken word, stop being scared, its just songs without music, we should feel comfortable with it, not embarrassed.

Example 1.
Local pub in Cambridge last wednesday evening, happened to have the camera with me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O6DAx-GDno

Example 2.
My mate Alex, turns out this stuff like nobodies business. Not my video this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMH7N0jPDsA&feature=related

Posted 11 March 2012
paulford
Photographer
paulford
Bob
Never drink poor French wine. Bob
Never drink French wine. Eat healthy, keep fit, die anyway, life is not a rehersal, make the best of it while you are here you might get knocked down by a bus tomorrow.
Posted 11 March 2012
Edited by paulford 11 March 2012
SMILESPHOTO
Photographer
SMILESPHOTO
I asked my doctor whether giving up beer, cheese, chocolate and cigars would make me live longer - he said probably not but it would feel like eternity!

Posted 11 March 2012
RedChecker
Photographer
RedChecker
Something I heard once:

Having a gorgeous wife shortens your life by five years compared to an ugly one (worry & stress over her cheating etc.) BUT having no wife at all reduces it by a further 5 years.

So if us blokes want to live longer, we need to consider girls that have hit a few branches on the way down falling out of the ugly tree.

Posted 11 March 2012
Kiboko
Photographer
Kiboko
Hi Suzy, I already do all of these things, except the nightclub bit. I'm FAR too old to go to a nightclub!

Posted 11 March 2012
JeromeRazoir
Photographer
JeromeRazoir
Never sober up and only use the best quality cocaine and brown heroin.

Never eat a vegetable. Little buggers get stuck in yer teef.
Posted 11 March 2012
Edited by JeromeRazoir 11 March 2012
jivago
Photographer
jivago
SuzyMonty

Avoid New age and eastern mysticism nonsense like 'Chakras' (WTF! Can't remeber any chakras from my anatomy classes). 

Do common sense things like far more exercise.
Posted 11 March 2012
A young at heart gentleman in our neck of the woods is about to celebrate his 100th., birthday.

How to live until you are that age...

#ixzz1oq3brNY4" style="color: rgb(0, 51, 153);">How to Live to Be 100 Years Old | eHow.com#ixzz1oq3brNY4" style="color: rgb(0, 51, 153);">http://www.ehow.com/how_136642_live-be-100.html#ixzz1oq3brNY4
  • Live an active life, both mentally and physically. You don't have to be an exercise nut, but keep moving. Walking, golfing, swimming-- anything at all is good. Implement a stretching program to maintain your flexibility and lift weights to build muscle and prevent osteoporosis.

Stay married. Numerous studies indicate that married people live longer than #" id="itxthook1" rel="nofollow" style="color: darkgreen; padding-bottom: 1px; font-size: 100%; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: underline; border-bottom-color: darkgreen; border-bottom-width: 0.07em; border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">single people. There's the old joke that it just seems longer for married people, but in reality it seems to help.

Maintain your ideal weight. #" id="itxthook2" rel="nofollow" style="color: darkgreen; padding-bottom: 1px; font-size: 100%; font-weight: normal; text-decoration: underline; border-bottom-color: darkgreen; border-bottom-width: 0.07em; border-bottom-style: solid; background-color: transparent;">Being overweight will definitely limit your chances of becoming a centenarian and is likely to make the journey a slow and painful one.

Drink moderately and don't smoke at all.

Have good genes. Extreme long life seems to run in families and may be based on common genetic and environmental factors. If you have a centenarian sibling, your chances of living past the century mark increase greatly. (Of course, you're probably pretty old already yourself.)

Eliminate unnecessary stress as it shortens your life. Finding satisfying, meaningful work is likely to contribute to a long life, and certainly does to having a life you enjoy. If you're retired, do something that gives purpose and value to your life. See 14 Balance Home and Work and 16 Set Goals.

Develop close and respectful relationships with your friends and loved ones. This may actually be harder than living for 100 years, but it's a big help if you can manage it.

Live simply . Huck Finn probably lived to 100 because he understood that today is what counts, fine clothes are itchy, and money is a burden.

BUT, I really wouldn't mind finding out IF lots more money IS a burden...frown

Posted 11 March 2012
Every morning look at yourself in a full mirror (if you can). Don't say anything...after seeing yourself, say "hello you". You can get funny with it if you feel like being silly...heck even do a little "grrr, baby, Yeahhh!!!" in your undies! We don't "see" ourselves often enough what with crap just being thrown in our faces about how we "should" look. We got bodies to live in!! be happy you got that and go forth from there
Posted 11 March 2012
Lisaliz
Model
Lisaliz
SuzyMonty

Saw this on this intiguing list on the web...

Exercise first thing in the morning. This will wake you up fully.
Keep a mini notebook and pen with you at all times. Jot down brilliant ideas when they arrive.
If you drink tea and coffee, replace them with something else. Coffee yellows your teeth. Black tea is full of fluoride.
Take a Multivitamin, Korean Ginseng, Gingko Bilboa and Omega Oil to improve energy levels & brain power.
Use bright eye drops before you go out to a nightclub to give yourself beautiful eyes.
Exercise your voice daily. For example say affirmations or practice core sounds.
When you speak, push your abs out before you begin to speak.
Grow plants in your windows. They are attractive, increase oxygen and improve wellbeing.
Dedicate 15 minutes to cleaning your mansion every day. It is the only way to keep it pristine.
Smile lightly. Smile More. Even if it is forced it will improve your mood after a few minutes.
"the news is condensed negativity" - Jim Carrey. Avoid it. It is not relevant to you personally.
If you have fluorinated water, drink bottled water as fluoride is bad for your skin & brain.
If you have a goal or ambition, avoid telling others. Most people will not encourage you.
Do either a cantering exercise or meditation every day.

...I wish I HAD a mansion...

What would YOU add to the list?[/qt

It all sounds hell, apart from the cantering exercise!
Posted 11 March 2012
BicycleRacer
Photographer
BicycleRacer
A little of what you fancy does you good !!
Posted 11 March 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join