Cancelled booking due to Stretch Marks???

Cancelled booking due to Stretch Marks???

75 posts
25 Feb 2012
Okay, so I never normally write in these forums.. But this really did grind my gears. So I had this photographer contact me for a shoot. We went through 'my ideas' and what style , look and levels we were going to do and acheive. Anyway, we had planned it all down to a tee. Oh and the fact it was in a nice little travelodge hotel too! Times etc and arrangedf it for when I finish my Tv work in London. And everything was booked. The next day, I open a message and its the photographer. It said, ; I am sorry but I'm gonna have to cancel as I've only just read your profile notes re: stretchmarks. Now that's fair enough that he doesn't want to shoot because of that. I've never had a problem with it and neither have any previous photographers I have worked with. I've taken it on the chin and just dismissed it. Okay, so am I making a fuss out of nothing? I am I right to take offence? Come on guys let me know your views Kaylaa xx
Posted 25 Feb 2012
grahamsphotography
Photographer
grahamsphoto..

Blimey snappers don`t read profiles properly to.

Posted 25 Feb 2012
tarmoo
Photographer
tarmoo
Maybe you need a shot on your profile so photographers can make a better assessment of the marks, e.g.

Posted 25 Feb 2012
Edited by tarmoo 25 Feb 2012
profilepictures
Photographer
profilepictu..
I've never really seen stretch marks as ugly really, but equally not something sought
Out in modelling terms. You do mention them in your notes so it's unreasonable of the photographer to go so far with
The arrangement before jumping out. Fair enough that you're grumpy.

I did notice a G/G pic on your port here where a lady has stretch marks and a really bad tan, I can't see that one being a good selling point for you, though you're obviously getting work.

Posted 25 Feb 2012
Tell me about it, I think it's highly important to read peoples profiles and more important for models to state everything that togs need to know. Tattoos, marks etc. I mean for an adult solo shoot it doesn't really matter as long as you fit the criteria.
People that have had me published haven't moaned about it and to be fair half my photos aren't edited anyway and the stretch marks are barely visable.

I can take constructive critism , as it helps in this industry.
But I think that just takes the biscuit especially when its someone that does it for fun xx

Posted 25 Feb 2012
Yeah I understand what you mean abouthaving a shot like that. But I do have unedited samples of my body to show people what I look like.
And if they request them,
I'm happy to send them.
It's never ever stopped me getting work.

Xx

Posted 25 Feb 2012
krissB
Photographer
krissB
WELL I DO ADMIRE YOUR B***SGOT our shoot photo's to the pc and decided to dump the lot,not only because of the horrific amount of stretch marks,but bruises and extra weig ht also It's a shame because you have a great look and a very good attitude to be a very successful glamour /adult model with a good earning potential.This post should slow things down a little so take a little time ou to sort  yourself out a bit.Good luck for the future.Chris
Posted 25 Feb 2012
frankpht
Photographer
frankpht
I've looked at your profile just the pics and you do have some showing the evil vile stretch marks LOL. I've seen worse and yours from what I see are by no means terrible. Certainly some editing would sort them relatively quickly.
I get the feeling the photographer found another model that he preferred though he should have checked your profile more closely and not lead you down the garden path.

I would say take it on the chin and move on and don't take offence for your own sake. It's not worth it the guy sounds like a waster if indeed a photographer at all.

Posted 25 Feb 2012
I think it's disgraceful! Should of read your profile in the first place before even planning a shoot! People are so lazy! All good photographers usually use some sort of editing software anyway. Stretchmarks are womanly in my view! x

Posted 25 Feb 2012
I'm afraid you have to get used to the fact that some "photographers" don't read model's profiles before contacting them.
I once had one cancelling a shoot and telling me off for not making it clear that I bring my assistant along. I pointed him to my profile page that clearly states this fact since I started modelling and advised he should have gone to specsavers.
Would you really want to work with someone who can't even be asked to read your profile notes?
Life is too short for timewasters, bear in mind for future reference and move on frown
kiss
Posted 25 Feb 2012
Edited by Nympheae 25 Feb 2012
Well thanks for that Kris,
Maybe your another one that should read my profile notes aswell?

Excess weight, you blatently told me you were happy with the shoot.
I'm not fat, I'm curvey and it hasn't been a problem for me to get more work and be published.

What are your intentions for the images anyway? Your the only one that's moaned. I can understand a professional that would need to tell me if he wanted to sell the photos on. But as I say... Not one professional has had a problem. Spray tans, foundation and coverage can sort that little situation out. So why not analyse the problem before starting and get it sorted out?

Fair enough you have an issue with it but why say it now? And publicly embaress me.
I don't find that professional at all.

I just give up on this job..
Blatently I'm not cut out for it.

Xx

Posted 25 Feb 2012
Alister
Photographer
Alister
krissB
WELL I DO ADMIRE YOUR B***SGOT our shoot photo's to the pc and decided to dump the lot,not only because of the horrific amount of stretch marks,but bruises and extra weig ht also It's a shame because you have a great look and a very good attitude to be a very successful glamour /adult model with a good earning potential.This post should slow things down a little so take a little time ou to sort  yourself out a bit.Good luck for the future.Chris
WTF! What a nasty little man! Think you should rewrite your forum signature. Very unprofessional - I suspect things will slow down for you if models search the forums and see that.
Posted 25 Feb 2012
Alister
Photographer
Alister
kandikay2011
Well thanks for that Kris, Maybe your another one that should read my profile notes aswell? Excess weight, you blatently told me you were happy with the shoot. I'm not fat, I'm curvey and it hasn't been a problem for me to get more work and be published. What are your intentions for the images anyway? Your the only one that's moaned. I can understand a professional that would need to tell me if he wanted to sell the photos on. But as I say... Not one professional has had a problem. Spray tans, foundation and coverage can sort that little situation out. So why not analyse the problem before starting and get it sorted out? Fair enough you have an issue with it but why say it now? And publicly embaress me. I don't find that professional at all. I just give up on this job.. Blatently I'm not cut out for it. Xx
Curves are great don't let a couple of GWCs get you down. Your 49 positive references and the images on your profile demonstrate to me at least that you're cut out for it
Posted 25 Feb 2012
That's just pure nasty for someone to say something like that. I don't mind working with GWC's because at the end of the day. Everyone has to stary somewhere at some point.
But after that I think I may have to stop working with people like that. No offence but especially those that are in AIR that don't have any refs.
Ironic how he first contacted me on there too!

Thanks Alister I really appreciate that. I thought for a seconf. What on earth am I doing wrong? Xx

Posted 25 Feb 2012
RobGolding
Photographer
RobGolding
krissB

You horrible, scummy, nasty little man, I hope every model you plan to shoot with in future reads this and cancels on your sorry ass. How bloody insulting can you be?

Maybe, before piling in and slagging the model off for you having to ditch the entire shoot, you might learn to focus your camera. It's not too difficult, most do it on their own now. You however, seem to have that option turned off on yours.

Also, may I point out to you, your OWN tagline....

#4b4b4b" face="Tahoma, Arial, Verdana">Rule1/respect the model-the model will respect you

Posted 25 Feb 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join