8th Mar Gloucester Social

1 post
22 Feb 2012
RobGolding
Photographer
RobGolding
After the success of our February social at J&A Studio’s the March social is moving to its new home at The New Inn, in Gloucester.

The New Inn,
16 Northgate Street
Gloucester
GL1 1SF

7.00pm onwards

4 minutes walk from Gloucester train station and 3 minutes walk from Gloucester bus station.

Free parking (after 7pm) in the car park behind Sainsbury’s inPark Street. From the car park its 200 yards alongHare Lane, and turn right intoNorthgate Street(by varsity) and the New Inn is on the left hand side about two minutes walk from Varsity.

Once again, all the thanks in the world to everybody who was involved in the special night at J&A Studio’s in February, we appreciate it very much, it was really different and a lot of fun!

The New Inn is less than two minutes walk from the old venue at Varsity, so parking etc will still be very close by. The building itself is very different from Varsity, and dates back to the 14th century. So expect an old kind of feel to the place. There will be an area set aside for us, but I imagine if the numbers stay as they have been we will spread out into the bar.

There is a lovely outside courtyard so people can smoke etc, and come the summer months I imagine a lot of us will be out there rather than inside.

There is also a large private function area at the back of the pub that we can use in future rather than the bar area if we feel the need, and strangely enough, a couple of nice little area’s out back for shooting at some point too!

So, lets keep this thing going, theGloucestersocials have been among the best in the country for the last couple of years, and I would very much like to keep that going through 2012. If you haven’t been to one before then its about time you did. We are a friendly bunch of people and it doesn’t matter if you are old or young, a beginner or a full time professional, you are very welcome to join us!

Remember to bring your portfolio, some business cards, a few quid for the bar and a smile!

As ever, if anybody has any questions please feel to ask on here, mail me or give me a call anytime.

Cheers,

Rob 

PS. I know I am not allowed to post facebook links here, but if anybody would like to join our Gloucestershire Models, Photographers and Make Up Artists page please drop me a line and I will send you a link,

Posted 22 Feb 2012
Edited by RobGolding 22 Feb 2012
To reply to this thread you must be a member. Click here to join